↻49

The almost deafening silence that hung in the air was drowned out by the sports game sounding from his speakers- his palm resting on his chest and the other one behind his head as he solely stared at the TV yet his attention was not immersed into ...

The almost deafening silence that hung in the air was drowned out by the sports game sounding from his speakers- his palm resting on his chest and the other one behind his head as he solely stared at the TV yet his attention was not immersed into it at all.

Seowoo was stroking her fingers through the fluffy white fur of his Dog, Loki. She had a smile on her pinkish toned lips- cheeks balling up as her eyes crinkled.

"You're so cute." She gushed lovingly, passing her hand through his fur as he nuzzled up to her as she kneeled besides the bed to be at eye level.

As he wasn't paying attention to the TV, he averted his gaze towards her- watching as she stroked the happy dog yet his sight drew elsewhere.

The movement of her petting Loki caused the sleeve of her top to rise up her arm- revealing the peak of her vulnerability.

Chenle almost immediately wanted to look away, feeling as though he had invaded her privacy just by looking but as he did tear his eyes away, the churning feeling in his gut grew.

She didn't notice and he didn't mention anything.

It's not my place.

His mind wandered, wondering if she had endured the heartbreak of her only brother's death alone?

"Are you still scared?"

His voice made her almost jolt because she had become accustomed to the silence, eyes slightly widened behind her frames as they both created eye contact.

There was something about Chenle, as if he could see right through you- stare intense with his darkened void eyes.

She shrugged, the simple action as a getaway from speaking about what had been bothering her.

Again, they fell into a silence- one she didn't like but he went back to watching his game and Seowoo leaned her head in her arms- glancing at Loki.

"They won't do anything to you, you know that?" Chenle spoke, referring to the writing painted across the wall. "We won't let anything happen to you."

Seowoo leant her chin in her arms- glancing up at the boy half leaning against his headboard, looking down at his phone as he languidly tossed it up and caught up.

"I mean, they broke into my house and if you weren't there I'd probably be dead."

Her blunt yet almost hopeless words sent Chenle to sigh heavily.
"You underestimate yourself." He muttered disapprovingly.

"No I don't, you're the one that constantly puts me down." She retorted, rolling her eyes and not thinking much of it but Chenle's actions halted.

His eyes trailed from his phone to the girl as she closed her eyes with her cheek resting against her arm.

Was he guilty? Yes.

Something about her words confirmed the fact she took every single one of his words to heart.

"Sorry." He spoke after hesitation, unable to even look her in the eyes as he felt severely out of character, clearing his throat after. "Maybe I underestimated you."

Seowoo's lips pulled up, a scoff left her lips yet it was less in irritation as she tried to conceal her smile.

"Are you indirectly complimenting me?" She grinned lazily as she raised her brows at him and he scowled yet said nothing.

Seowoo rose to her feet, legs aching as she took a seat on the edge of his bed and gently grasped Loki in her arms.

"When did you get him?"
"When I was 13, it was a present."
"Really, for your birthday?" She asked with excitement.

Chenle's eyes flickered to a blank state as he remembered the memories that came with it.
"No, it was when I killed someone for the first time." He spoke in a much quieter voice, realising how sick and twisted it all was.

A small gasp omitted from her lips, horror seeping on her face.
"Chenle..." She trailed off, her eyes gleaming in sympathy.

He turned his head, eyes finding hers as he let out an empty low chuckle.
"I know, I'm a terrible person- don't waste your breath telling me." He commented wryly.

A frown fell on her lips, looking down at the dog in her lap.
"Is he a...reminder?"
"No. He's...a special dog."

"Oh?" She was partially confused but the way Chenle shifted uncomfortably at the thought of his traumatic past sent Loki's head snapping up as he immediately escaped from Seowoo's grip to nuzzle into the boy.

Chenle, almost like it was a normal occurrence, lifted his hand to stroke the white dog as if he was reassuring him.

"I'm glad you have him." Seowoo spoke understandingly even though he hadn't outright told her why Loki was special to him.

"Yeah, me too." Chenle agreed, glancing down at him.

For a moment, Seowoo watched as Chenle ran his fingers softly through the fur before she trailed her eyes up to his face.

His features were illuminated by the lights above them as the TV droned in the background.

"Oh, and I don't think you're a terrible person."
"You don't?" Chenle's nose scrunched up slightly in confusion, eyebrows furrowing and the fact he thought everyone saw him as a bad person caused her heart to ache.

"Of course I don't...I enjoy being around you even though we're not close. I mean it's more like me being annoyingly clingy." She laughed.

"Why? I mean I'm not the nicest person to you."
"I'm glad you admit it."

Chenle rolled his eyes yet Seowoo grinned.
"Yeah, you're not the nicest but at the same time I feel most comfortable with you, does it make any sense? I don't know." She shrugged.

"Yeah, it makes sense."

WOW

WOW

What should happen let me know ;)