Chapter 19

Ava's POV

Warmth.

I was engulfed in warmth. I snuggled up closer to the warmth feeling oddly comfortable. With a satisfied sigh, I got even more comfortable and went back to my deep slumber.

I woke up and stretched my limbs with a bright smile. Last night I had the best sleep that I have ever had in my entire life.

I opened my eyes and blinked the sleep away. I tried to move, but felt something holding me down preventing me from moving.

I tried moving again and after another failed attempt, I gave up with a huff.

I heard mumbling behind me and felt something, or rather someone tighten their hold around me.

I blush a crimson red when I saw a strong arm wrapped protectively around me. I have never slept in a bed with a man before, and I was freaking out.

My heartbeat and my breathing sped up just thinking of being this close to someone. I was full on panicking right now.

Like, what do I do?

Do I just lay here and pretend that I'm sleeping until he woke up?

Do I wake him up?

Do I-

"Relax. Stop overthinking it" a raspy voice spoke up behind me and then I felt a butterfly kiss behind my ear.

That didn't seem to help calm me down, because I was more freaked out than before. I was pretty sure this was a dream, so I pinched myself to wake up before I did something stupid.

I winced in pain and realized that it was too late to do something stupid when I heard him chucking behind me. I could feel the vibrations from his chest as he chuckled.

"This is not a dream, although I must say that I find it endearing that you dream of me" he said, while I recovered from my embarrassment.

"I do not dream of you" I denied.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" he replied.

"Asshole" I muttered.

"Hey. I heard that"

"That was the point" I said with a smirk that he couldn't see.

"You're going to regret saying that" he threatened playfully.

"Make me"

"With pleasure"

Just like that I was flipped on my back and he was straddling my waist with a mischievous smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked wearily.

His reply was to tickle me. I began laughing as he tickled my sides. If he didn't stop tickling me soon, I was sure to pee myself.

"You have to say that 'I'm hot', for me to stop tickling you" he grinned.

"Never"

"Ok then" he said and continued his assault on my sides.

"Ok fine. You're hot!" I exclaimed just for him to let me go.

As the words tumbled out of my mouth, he stopped and fell back to his side of the bed.

I struggled to regain my breathing and focused my attention on the ceiling. Now that I wasn't laughing my ass off, it was now quiet and awkward.

I've never been around Jayden this long, let alone slept beside him. I didn't know what to say or what to do, and this was making me anxious.