☆T H I R T Y-F I V E☆

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE; SICK STOMACH

BETH STUMBLED OUT of John's house, drunk. Upon hearing of their engagement John had taken to getting Beth as drunk as he could, even though he knew Tommy would scold him when he found out, John still went ahead and poured glass after glass of alcohols to Beth and she happily complied to drinking them. So Beth stumbled out of John's home and made her way to the betting shop, a drunk smile on her face as she stumbled and tripped over her feet on her way to see Tommy.

When the doors of the betting shop flew open, Tommy stared at Lizzie in a moment for shock and quickly stood up from the desk he was leaned against and walked towards Lizzie's desk, bending his head to look over at Beth who threw her jacket to the floor and stormed into Tommy's office. "Oh I'm sorry am i interrupting?" Beth slurred looking between Tommy and Lizzie. Tommy sighed in anger, knowing his brother had gotten his fiancée drunk.

Beth took a step forward pointing her finger into Lizzie's chest. "I've dealt with a lot worse than you, eh? I even fought one from Ireland for him. My Tommy. I'll fight you now. Bareeeeeknuckles boxing just like my daddy taught me. Bet you I'd beat ye!" Beth growled. Lizzie refrained from laughing and stepped away from Beth walking over to get her jacket. "I'll see you later Tommy! Tell Beth I hope her hangover isn't dreadful in the morning when she's calmed down."

Tommy waved his hand to Lizzie and turned to Beth with a playful look in his eye. "Who got you drunk then?" Beth scoffed, and began to take her shoes off. "I'm not bloody drunk. I'll get Thomas Shelby after you." Beth threatened. Tommy let out a snort of laughter and stepped forward to grab Beth's waist before she could topple over. "Let's get you home sweetheart, eh?" He murmured softly, reaching over for his jacket, and wrapping Beth up in it. Beth yawned softly laying her head onto Tommy's shoulder. "To my Tommy? I miss him."

Tommy grinned and nodded. "He misses you too doll face." Beth sighed, scrunching her hand up in Tommy's jacket. "I miss my brother, he protected me." She whispered. Tommy frowned petting Beth's silky blonde hair down. "I know, I do too but he's happier now." He murmured. Beth stood up quickly, near head butting Tommy and looked at him with a frown. "Everyone's left me. I just got Tommy now."

Tommy grinned, grabbing her by the chin. "You're all he's got now sunshine."

Beth hunched over the toilet, holding her stomach as she hurled into the toilet. Tommy pulled on his jacket staring down at Beth a who began to stretch her body against the cold tiles in need of some cold air as she heaved in breathes. Tommy sighed crouching down to stare at Beth's body. "I'm going to murder John." Tommy grumbled, reaching over to wipe a bead of sweat off Beth's head. Beth chuckled. "It's not his fault. I should have known better. The fuck was I expecting."

Tommy sighed, rolling his eyes. "If you weren't so sick I'd give out to you, eh? Suppose the stuff you were saying last night made up for it though." He taunted. Beth's head slowly craned up to glare at Tommy. "And what was I saying?" She asked. Tommy grinned cheekily before shrugging. "Just how much you love me and how good I am in bed and how I'm your favourite Shelby, even over John." Beth scoffed lying her head back down. "I'll give you the rest of it but John's my favourite Shelby. He's never pissed me off- you on the other hand, piss me off."

Tommy let out a low laugh as he shook his head. "I found one of Polly's sons, I'm going to London to find him. I was going to bring you with me but you'll vomit in my car, eh?" Beth raised her hand giving Tommy the middle finger. "Maybe if he's cute I'll make him my new fiancé." She taunted. Tommy watched as Beth flew from the ground and began to hurl into the toilet once again. "Karma." He muttered, before standing up. Beth glanced over her shoulder and gave Tommy a small smile. "Be safe sweetheart."

Tommy nodded and scrunched his nose pointing to the vomit that had smeared against the side of Beths lip. "Kiss me?" Beth joked, wiping the vomit away. Tommy cringed slightly and leaned down and placed a delicate kiss to Beth's head. "I love you, don't get drunk with John until I get back. I'll be home soon and I asked Pol to-." Tommy began but Beth waved her hand up, into the air. "Go. I'll be fine love. Polly will come over and I'll drink tea and then go to bed and when I wake up tomorrow I'll go to Johns but I won't get drunk."

Tommy sighed and nodded and walked out the door before he could turn around again. Beth puffed out a large breath of air pushing the hair that fell in-front if her eyes back and spread herself against the cold tiles, her eyes fluttering shut.

Polly laughed standing in front of Beth, it had been an hour or two since Tommy had left and Beth had passed out against the tiles dressed in  one of Tommy's suit shirts. Polly kicked her side lightly and Beth shot up into a sitting position looking around frantically, but her breathing calmed when she heard Polly's laugh. "Since when do you vomit? Tommy told me you were sick. Poor man looked like he was about to kill John but I don't think John's the problem at all."

Beth grumbled, as she pushed herself off the ground and walked past Polly into her hall and across to her bedroom. "I'm not alcoholic if that's what your suggesting. John and I had drinks because I've gotten engaged and he's my best friend." Polly followed Beth into her room and shrugged, sitting down onto her bed. "I don't think your an alcoholic either." Polly grinned. Beth turned around to Polly from where she stood at her wardrobe, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Then what's the problem?"

Beth watched as Polly's smile grew and she stood up off the bed, walking over to Beth she glanced downwards. "I think you've got a little life inside of you." Polly replied, her voice soft. Beth's hand fell to her stomach and she shook her head quickly, a small scoff escaping her lips as she turned to walk away. "Is that's your way of calling me fat Pol?" Polly grabbed Beth's arm before she could walk away and sighed seeing the tears held in Beth's eyes that she refused to let fall.

"I won't tell anyone, eh? Just me and you."  Polly suggested holding her hand out. Beth nodded slowly biting her lip. "Pol, I can't do this. A child? Tommy will lose it!" Before Beth could stop herself she began to cry, her hand coming up to cover her face quickly. "We won't tell him yet. You just need time to adjust to this information, and if you don't want it we can get you someone. It's Calvin's birthday soon use that to distract yourself as you think about it all, eh?"

Beth began to cry harder, as she looked at Polly who frowned. "I forgot. Oh-oh my god. I'm a terrible person. Oh no." Polly sighed wrapping her arms around Beth in a tight hug. "C'mon. Get dressed and we'll go to the betting shop
to take your mind of it all."

AUTHORS NOTE
hi omg, just wanted to say thank you all for 30k and al the love. So much more to come. Lotta love
Ally xx