𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

You surreptitiously looked at your faint reflection on the window, carefully checking if anything looked out of place before turning your face to look down at the creature that came to greet you

It was a cute Persian cat with hazel eyes, one that purred loudly in pleasure as you petted its soft head. Just as you began to wonder if Akira would ever show up, the said man sat quickly on the pink vinyl chair opposite you, a look of apology on his face.

"I apologize for being so late. The traffic is horrible... I should have left home a bit earlier," he explained as he began to look through the bright yellow cafe menu decorated with grinning cats.

"It's fine. I arrived just a few minutes ago myself," you replied with a smile, easily lying.

"I see," Akira nodded with a charming grin.

"Haven't you ordered yet?"

You shook your head as you continued to pet the affectionate cat who gracefully jumped on to the pastel pink table and nudged its head towards you, making you giggle.

"I wanted to order together," you elaborated.

"Oh..."

Just then a waiter walked towards your table and you both ordered, him a coffee frappe and cookies while you wanted a mocha frappe with a fruit and yogurt parfait.

For the next two hours, you and Akira ate and talked while you both petted the playful cats that went up to your table. Conversation flowed astonishingly easily between the two of you.

Despite your expectations, you and Akira seemed to have quite a few things in common and it was clear he was a great conversationalist, actively taking interest in your rather banal experiences, rather taking you by surprise.

"Do you know why cats don't like online shopping?"

You quirked a brow at his question, mildly intrigued.

"Wait, don't tell me-"

"They prefer a cat-alogue!" Akira grinned like the Cheshire cat himself as you groaned.

It didn't take you long to realize that this dorky man had a predilection for dad jokes.

"Would you like to have a photo taken?"

You looked from the staff member to Akira, raising a brow.

"Why not?" Akira remarked with a toothy grin.

Grabbing hold of the Persian cat, you lifted her, carrying the cat like a baby, who seemed to have no complaints against being held like that.

"If we're taking photos, this beauty has to be in it!" you exclaimed, grinning widely.

Akira shook his head with a laugh.

"You have fallen in love, already?" he muttered, amused.

You both turned to face the camera with smiles as the staff counted to three before clicking the device and, a second later, a fully-colored and developed photo appeared with a whir.

The woman handed the photo to you before going around other tables to do the same.

"...Um?"

"You keep it. Since you seem to love the cat," Akira softly said before he took a sip from his drink.

You flushed before carefully packing the photo away in your handbag.

"We should do this more often, Y/n," your companion said straightforwardly with a polite smile on his face. "I enjoyed this a lot."

After your initial surprise at his words, you quickly nodded.

"So did I..."

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

And so began your friendship. Akira was a gentleman inside out, which was why you felt all the worse for how you had bullied him all those years ago.

"I have something to confess, Y/n."

You turned your gaze away from the shimmery aquamarine water of the sea to the handsome man, your breath catching in your throat upon realizing how close his face was to yours. His eyes shone under the sun, the rich blue depths full of brimming, hidden emotions. You quickly looked away.

"Yes? What is it?"

"It seems like... my feelings for you have grown. I'm sure... that what I feel right now is love."

Your body stilled, eyes widening. A heavy silence settled after the softly-spoken words.

Thump.

Your heart pumped hard in your chest, as you tried in vain to sort out your flood of emotions and thoughts. Your tongue seemed to weigh heavier than lead.

Noticing your lack of response, Akira turned to face you fully.

"I love you, Y/n. Will you do me the honor of becoming mine?"

A heavy blush covered your face and immediately you raised a hand to cover the redness, feeling embarrassed. Akira raised a skeptical dark brow at your apparent shyness.

"...Y/n?"

This time his voice was mellowed, unsure. It reminded you of when he was a young boy.

You shyly looked up at him, looking anywhere but his eyes, before nodding twice.

Clearing your throat, you voiced your racing thoughts.

"I'd love to..."

Before you could process your next words, the man hugged you energetically, pulling you close to him.

"Y/n, thank you... I love you! Hahaha!"

You smiled fondly at his jubilant laugh that lit his face up, resembling the bright sun itself.

Yes, this was the best thing that could've happened to you. You have been growing very fond of him lately, what with all the time you had been spending with him. To think he liked - no, loved you, is, well, nothing short of a miracle. This was the natural next step!