Chapter 5

Mew's POV

Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe it. He texted me first.

I've been reading our conversation for over an hour now. I can't calm down. I know there is nothing romantic about our messages but I love it. I cannot sleep thinking of him. I remember how he looks so adorable earlier, I just wanna squeeze his cheeks and kiss his cute lips.

It was early in the morning when Becca and I met that guy again.

He approached us. "Do you know Gulf's number? Did he changed it?He is not replying to me." He asked Becca calmly. He then glared at me.

"Maybe he slept early Joss. Can you just stop bothering him? He moved on already. So I hope you do the same." Wait, I was confused.

"I can't. It still fucking hurts. I know you are my Gulf's bestfriend. Please help me."
I cannot absorb everything. My sister is just his bestfriend. He wasn't even jealous of Becca,but to me instead.

I saw Gulf running towards us.

"Joss." He called him.

"Love. I beg you. Trust me this time. I'll fix everything." That Joss told Gulf. So I was right, he was an ex boyfriend. Does it mean Gulf is gay?

"Joss you're causing a scene here. let's go." He grabbed Joss arms.

"Why Gulf? Because of this guy?" He's talking about me.

"No. He is just Becca's brother. That's all. Now let's go." He dragged him to somewhere.

It even hurt more when he said I'm just Becca's brother. I am really no one to him. He could have just said I'm his friend.

"Now Becca, did you know that he's gay?" She nodded.

"That's why I am very comfortable with him. Can you keep it a secret brother? He really don't want anyone to know."

"I see. I don't understand why he needs to keep it as secret though."

"Long story. He has reasons." Becca answered. If that's what he wants then okay.

"So you two?you are not couple?" I asked her.

"We are not. He's not into girls. That's why I am shipping you two secretly."

"Why me? You naughty kid."

"Because you like him." She said it confidently.

"Me? You're dreaming Becca." I denied it. Am I being obvious.

"Stop being in denial. Even Joss noticed it right away too. If you don't want us to know,then stop staring at him like you want to kiss him always."

"Do I look at him like that?"

"Yes brother,Gulf can't notice it because he is still in the phase of moving on. But that fool even followed Gulf here. So if you like him,make a move. I'll root for you. I don't want him to be with that guy again." Becca convincing me to make a move on Gulf. Finally I can like him without being guilty to my sister.

"Do you think he'll like me?"

"Depends to you brother. I don't know also. But compared to that guy,I'll vote for you. Gulf is a faithful lover. Please save him from that toxic relationship again." My sister was really serious this time.

I made up my mind. I'll do everything for him to like me back.

~~~
It was already end of my class so I decided to pick Becca up. Their classes ended earlier than mine and she said they are just in their classroom.

I was in the elevator when Joss entered also.
We both get out on the same floor.

"As far as I know,this is not your floor." He said.

"I'm here to pick up my sister."

"Well I'm here for Gulf also." He replied straight into my eyes.

"Becca" i called her when I reached their room.

"Let's go dear. Come with us." My sister invited him.

"Well we're going to have dinner first, so if you'll excuse us." Joss said while grabbing Gulf's bag and books.

"I'll go first Becca." He looks so sad.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go with us?" I grabbed his arms gently.

He just nodded and smiled.

Gulf's POV

We decided to try it again. We will act as lovers for a week and we'll see if the feelings is still the same. I just agreed with him so we can end it nicely because I'm sure that I won't see him the same way again.

We ate dinner just like what we do before. He drove me home and when he was about to kiss me in the lips I stopped him. I kiss him quick on his cheek instead. Nothing. My heart don't react like before. It should be beating fast and there should be butterflies on my stomach but there is nothing.

I lay down on my bed when my phone beeped.

"Gulf? Are you okay?"

It was Mew who texted me.

"Yes, why?" I replied.

"Do you still like him?" Why is he being curious on me and Joss.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I'm jealous." Why does my heart reacted on his words. This is the feeling I'm waiting to feel when I kissed Joss earlier.

"Why?" I think I know his reason already but I don't want to assume things.

"I like you Gulf. I'm fucking jealous."