Chapter 7

“Soo you’re telling me you are the half-sister of Demi Lovato like the singer the one who was in camp rock and stuff” Michael stated with shock on his face as we sat on the hood of his car talking as the sun went down.

“Yup. It’s been an eventful past few years” I said as I took a sip from my drink.

“Damn you’re one strong girl” he said causing me to smile like an idiot. The entire afternoon I had spent it with Michael talking about everything and anything with him, I told him about my past minus the drugs since he already knew I clearly liked to drink. I was nice.

“It’s getting kind of late, I guess I should get you home” Michael said hopping off his car hood.

“Or maybe we can stay out all night soo I can avoid the awkward tension between Demi and I”

“Or maybe I’ll take you home tonight and we can talk about the awkward tension between your sister over breakfast tomorrow”

“Umm its Monday tomorrow we have school” I said finally hopping off his car hood.

“Yeah well I figured you like skipping your first hour anyways. So is it a date?”

“Oh so now it’s a date” I flirted.

“If you want it to be?” Michael said moving closer to me to the point where our bodies were touching.

“I’d like that”

“Good” he said

“Good” I mimicked. We got into his car and we drove back home. By the time we pulled up to the drive way it was dark. Michael walked me to the door before giving me a soft goodbye kiss on the check and hug. I walked inside with a smile on my face only to be greeted by Dallas and Maddie.

“So who’s the hottie with cute smile” Dallas cooed.

“A friend” I answered as I felt my cheeks burn red.

“That smile of yours says he is more than a friend, now spill” Dallas and Maddie tugged me to the couch where I found Demi sitting quietly eyeing me. I could tell she was upset over what I said to her earlier but I wasn’t just about to open up to her, not anyone so easily.

“He is just a friend from school, we have a couple classes together and he lives around the block its not like we are getting married”

“But he does bring you coffee before school in the morning” Maddie added causing me to eye her in hopes she doesn’t spill more over my birthday weekend fun.

“It was once Maddie no big deal”

“Yeah after he drove you home you the night before or should I say morning of your birthday”

“What!” both Dallas and Demi shouted the second the sentence left Maddie’s mouth.

“Seriously Maddie!” I shouted standing up from the couch.

“Woah woah, you better start explaining now” Demi caught my arm as I walked away.

“What are you my mother?” I spat at Demi before yanking my arm from her grip and making my way to the bedroom.

Seriously Maddie couldn’t have kept her mouth shut. So much for having a sister by your side to stick up for you. I grabbed a cigarette from my purse and climbed out to the roof through my window and sat there letting the toxic smoke take over my lungs and sudden calmness take over my body. It’s not like I was even that angry for Maddie spilling the beans I just didn’t want anybody looking out for me I mean for a long time I was the only that looked out for myself.

*The Following Moring*

Demi’s POV

“Hey Dallas is Izzy always like she was last night, so defensive when someone tries to get her to open up” I questioned as I made some breakfast.

“She’s never blown up or at least not on me. Then again everyone loves me” Dallas joked as she flipped her hair.

“Of course because everyone loves Dallas” I rolled my eyes laughing.

“Hey don’t over think it too much, she is a teenager and Maddie accidently spilled the beans that she was out late with that guy”

“I guess. Which by the way we aren’t going to let her get away with nor her late night smoking sessions on the rood”

“You smelled that too?”

“Yeah since the first night. Look I’m not an idiot but we can’t just say her outbreaks are just a rebellious outbreaks”

“Okay relax Demi it was just last night” Dallas answered just as Izzy came down the stairs full dressed.

“Well someone is off to somewhere early” Dallas cooed to Izzy causing her to blush.

“Yeah it’s called school” Izzy retorted back.

“School doesn’t start for another hour” I added.

“If you must know my FRIEND is picking me up so we can grab some breakfast before class” she smiled as she sat on the barstool lacing up her black studded combat boots.

“And is the friend of yours the same one from yesterday” Dallas added.

“Yes and now if you may he is waiting for me outside” Izzy answered before leaving cheery.

Izzy’s POV

“So you’re little sister ratted you out for your birthday but you lashed out at your older sister” Michael spoke.

“I mean I can’t be mad at Maddie she didn’t mean harm and all she said I was out late thankfully she  didn’t say anything about my state of being considering I was shitfaced and Demi had no right to try to act like a parent either”

“I wouldn’t say shitfaced, you just know how to have a really good time. And I mean she is your sister she was just being a protective older sister”

“Well I don’t really need someone looking out for me, I mean the whole having your parents look out for you wasn’t really in my picture and even when my grandma was alive, I still usually looked out for myself” I said as shoved around  the food on my plate.

“Hey its not easy to go through this crazy life alone. You’ve had it rough but now you have a whole family who cares and loves you” he said grabbing my hand in his. “And I care about you too” Michael added causing me to blush.

“I guess it’ll take some getting used to”

“Come on we better be getting to school” he said stepping out from the boot and leaving a tip.