five |milkshakes and rumors|

I was the type of girl who never had a single rumor about me ever. I kind of just sat back, relaxed with some romance novel in the library next to my nerdy best friend and didn't bother a single person. 

Yeah, well that was until my dumb ass decided to talk back to Haley fucking Brooks Saturday night. 

But I thought all was well and good that Monday morning as Penelope, Spencer and I walked down the crowded halls to our fourth. "I can't believe we all didn't talk sooner, especially because we all have Chemistry together" Garcia said as she pushed her pink rimmed glasses up the bridge of her nose.

I agreed with her almost instantly as Spencer shoved his textbook into his bag, "I can't believe Emily actually wants to sit with us at lunch. What are her friends going to think" Spencer shrugged at my question, 

"Who cares? Sitting with her automatically makes us all cooler by at least thirty percent" He reminded, and Garcia and I let out small chuckles.

He wasn't wrong, but the fact that he said it out loud was funny. 

"At least?" 

He barely had to think about that, "Well, actually 32.54 percent, but who's counting" I smirked, ruffling his hair. 

"You, obviously" Penelope responded, and we walked into our fourth period. Our chemistry teacher continued writing something on the board as we all sat at our desks, taking out the homework that was assigned during the weekend. 

The bell rang, and almost everyone was in their seats. Key word was almost, but five minutes later, while we were handing in the homework, the doors opened. The entire class turned their heads to see who it was, revealing Aaron with his blank face casually strolling in, like he was the king. I rolled my eyes and glanced at JJ, who was already staring at me. 

I raised an eyebrow at her, and she tilted her head a little to gesture to him. She then pointed at her mouth, and she stuck her tongue out like she was going to vomit. I held back a laugh, sinking back into my seat as the teacher looked at Aaron. 

"Mr. Hotchner, do you have a note?" He questioned. Aaron basically threw his backpack on the ground next to his desk, falling into it. He crossed his arms and kept his legs out. 

"No" He replied, as if it were obvious. The teacher just shook his head, 

"Do you have the homework?" 

Aaron laughed, "Mr. B" He paused, looking down with a smirk, "Have I ever had my homework?" He responded, his eyes meeting our teachers once again. I scoffed lightly, and I glanced over at Emily, who popped a piece of her gum as she stared at Aaron. 

The teacher sighed, going back to what was doing on the board. 

As the class continued, I noticed many people's eyes on me. Whether I barely knew them, or kind of knew their names. It was like they were watching me, like they knew something I didn't. 

Then, the whispers came. And it was funny, because the quiet words never seemed to make their way to any of my new friends. Even Derek, who was told everything

That was all but Aaron, who seemed to be the instigator. And that my friends, was never ever good. 

I nudged Spencer, who was intently looking at the teacher's things on the board. He jumped and looked my way, raising an eyebrow. "Did you hear something?" He shook his head. 

"Nothing other than tomorrows lab" Shit. I completely forgot to pay attention. "Yes, you can copy off of me" He said as he noticed my wide eyes and worried face, "Why, what didn't I hear?" He asked me. I bit my lip, 

"I don't know" I admitted, sitting back in my seat normally. "It's probably nothing" I tried convincing myself. 

Oh, was I wrong. 

000

I walked down the hall with JJ, Penelope, Emily, and Spencer, discussing whether or not we would all stay after to try and get the homework done. 

I was trying to be a part of the conversation, but I was too busy noticing that literally everyone was staring at us. I gulped, narrowing my eyes as I tapped Emily's shoulder.

"Is it just me? Or is everyone staring at us" I asked her, and that caught all of my friends attention. They examined the scene too, trying to see whether or not I was delusional. 

JJ tilted her head a little as she grabbed the strap of her backpack, "They aren't staring at us, they're staring at you" She whispered back, and I held my breath. 

Oh, no. 

We entered the cafeteria, and Penelope looked at me weird, "What did you do? Why is everyone staring at you?" She asked me, and I shook my head. 

"I have no idea" I admitted, letting out a very nervous laugh. 

I did that often, it was kind of my way to deal with being really anxious and nervous all the time. I hated attention, especially unwanted. 

I then felt someone grab my shoulder, and I gasped, spinning around. My friends followed in my actions, and we saw a panting Derek. I looked at him like he was crazy, "Are you okay? I asked him, genuinely concerned. He took in a deep breath, and then he put his hand on his head. 

"Did you not hear me calling for you guys?" He asked, and we shook our heads. He dismissed it and took his hand off of his head. "I heard a rumor" He revealed, and my eyes went wide. 

I knew it. 

"About?" Emily questioned, 

"You" He was still looking directly at me, "Haley told everyone you've been stalking her and Aaron, and by everyone, I mean everyone" He said to me, standing straighter. I clenched my fist, pursing my lips so I didn't completely lose it. 

Spencer shook his head, "But that's not true" He reminded, and Derek shrugged. 

"Yeah, we know that, but the rest of the school doesn't. Aaron had Dave tell everyone, too. He told me that during Chem" JJ scoffed at his words. 

"Dick" She muttered under her breath, and I took my bag off of my shoulder. I put it down at my table, and Spencer's eyes went wide. 

"Oh no" 

"What, why... why are you saying oh no?" Penelope questioned, and Spencer pinched the top of his nose.

I grabbed a chocolate milkshake off of the ice cream counter, taking a sip of it as I made my way to Aaron's lunch table. I stood behind him, waiting patiently for him to turn. One of his friends noticed me, and nudged him. He turned to look at me, and he smiled. 

"Hey, Go-"

"You let your blonde bimbo of a girlfriend spread a rumor that I was stalking you?" He looked nervous for only a split second, but then his shit eating grin reappeared. 

"Is it really a rumor though? It's not my fault you're obsessed with me" My lips parted and I looked at him with disgust, and then I did something completely unexpected. I took the straw out of the thick milkshake, 

"You're really not that important, Hotchner" I ensured, and then I dumped it all over his head. Some people gasped, some laughed. He was furious as he wiped the creamy substance from his eyes. 

I shot him the fakest smile I had ever let appear on my face, "Hey, the color reminds me of you" I paused, narrowing my eyes as my face dropped, "Shit" And then, I strutted off. 

I walked past my friends and sat at my table while they all stared at me, their jaws dropped and their eyes wide. They looked like they just saw a dead man walking, and honestly, 

I was about to become one.