Chapter 39 Skate My Way To Betral

Your POV

Holding onto Kai's hand as we tried to make our way to the arena. He wasn't good, but could at least get-up. Unlike me crashing into Lloyd and then him wanting to teach me how to skate. But we can't because he is the one that has to fight.

"Can we just take these off?" I suggest rolling my way to the rest of the ninja.

"I think Chen will notice."

"You could crash into him and I'll take them off. It's a distraction."

"We should probably follow his rules."

I roll my eyes as Chen begins explaining the rules. In simple terms, Lloyd and whatever that other girl's name is will have a Jade Blade. Each lap with the Jade Blade equals a point. The person with the most points wins.

Everyone else can interfere and choose who's the team they are. Of course, no one would want to on Lloyd's side. Because of Jay and Cole's fight and the other elemental masters not getting the jewels.

We would be on the top of their best up list.

I watch as everyone besides Jay choose her team. Since Kai and I were linked onto each other like it was the last day of our lives.

"Here."

I look to my right seeing Lloyd holding a helmet, and he already had his own. Letting go of Kai's hand, I reach out to take it. "Thank you, Lloyd."

Putting it on my head I hear Kai wine, "Why didn't you get me one? I can't skate either."

"You can get your own."

Kai pouted as he left my side to the helmets. Barely able to skate over there. "Wasn't that a little rude?" I ask Lloyd buckling the straps together.

"Well, I- he could get one himself," he stutters out.

I chuckle giving Lloyd a little smile, "He'll be able to one day. But he's still better at roller skating than me."

"You'll be better than him one day."

"That'll have to after this."

"Green ninja! Over here!" shouts Chen, pouty as ever.

"Good luck, green ninja," I gave him a smile, waving him off as he skates next to his opponent.

Trying my best to skate over to my friends, the only allies Lloyd has. I couldn't help but worry about him. If Lloyd were to lose this battle, he's gone to wherever Cole is. I don't think he will, he's strong and knows how to skate. But I can't help but think about the worse.

"He will win, Y/n," says Jay patting my back.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes. Yes, it is."

"Go!"

I watch as they skate off as fast as they can. Both side by side each other. I wait for the signal. The buzz rings. Our turn.

And I didn't go far.

I was behind Kai.

I don't know how they can do this.

Even Lloyd is lapping me.

I feel so useless, I can't even catch up to the Master of from to fight her.

'I could wait for her and fight her. Or her allies?'

Turning my head back well 'skating' forward. I saw her coming up, but Lloyd was in my way. "Lloyd jump!"