2|The Bicep Pitch

Hermione sat perched in the Quidditch Stands

Hermione sat perched in the Quidditch Stands. It was one of the usual practices that Ron dragged her to go to, since Harry was serving detention.

She had refused to go to the locker rooms, even though nobody would have minded, and decided to sit in the stands where she could read and occasionally watch the team. It had been an exhaustingly busy week so far, and it was only Tuesday.

The sky was clear, yet a boring dull grey, especially as the sun was now behind the horizon's trees. She looked up, grimacing as Katie successfully scored another goal. Ron had improved slightly, but not to the degree the team had hoped. By the end of the hour, the team had accomplished what they could in the now waning light.

"Oi, Granger!" George shouted, as she had descended to the pitch, and was about to join Ron to walk back to the castle.

"You go ahead. I suspect Harry will be waiting for you." Hermione told Ron, before turning to head over to the singular Weasley twin.

"What?" She asked, wondering what on earth this would be about. "I will not lift the ban on your-"

"It's not that Granger. It's Freddie. What In Merlin's name did you do to him?"

"What?!"

"Come look!" He started towards the Lockers, and Hermione suspiciously followed him. They appeared in the entrance.

Hermione was surprised to see the nature of him, standing in a pair of joggers and only a pair of joggers. She blinked, before realizing George was sniggering at the way Fred was behaving. He was currently standing a front a mirror, studying his shirtless self with critique.

"Oi, Gred!" George spoke, coughing to mask his sudden laughter.

"What?" He asked, quickly shoving a long sleeve on when he noticed who was standing beside his twin.

"We just wanted to, Er. Well, I mean—" Hermione didn't know what excuse to make. She was attempting to subdue the obvious embarrassment George had just placed on his brother by bringing her along.

"Hermione was just telling me about how good of a flier you were." George boasted.

Hermione shot George a sudden look of fluster. What on earth was he doing? "Er-"

"Don't mind him Hermione." Fred said, shaking his head in a proud yet knowing look to his brother's attempt at suggesting false compliments. "So you're joining us up to the castle?"

"If you stop admiring your biceps mate." George teased.

"Well his are surely better than yours." Hermione blurted out at George, angry with his rude nature. She froze.

The pair looked at her. "Hear that Freddie? She prefers your biceps to mine."

That embarrassment had not ended, especially not after a tension filled walk up to the castle for dinner.  Hermione decided though, she shouldn't mind it any. The twins were just being humorous as always. 

"Where were you lot?" Ron asked.

Yet Hermione didn't wish to sit—too late.  Ginny had got up to go talk to Michael Corner, resulting in Fred to be on her left. 

"Seriously ignore him." Fred spoke in an undertone. "Whatever it is, he's had a recent fun in trying to figure who I fancy." 

Hermione nodded, never having Fred confide in her like this before.  "Who do you fancy?" 

He smirked. "No one. That's the bloody problem.  This git is convinced there is someone and is keen on proving it." 

"What are you two talking about?" George leaned forward.

Hermione smiled slightly. "Biceps."  She punched Fred in the arm, and over acted the pain in her hand from doing so, by shaking it theatrically.

"Eh?" George raised his eyebrows up and down.  "I like your humor." 

"That actually hurt." She whispered to Fred, at attempt of an honest compliment. 

The two grinned. Somehow the teasing was becoming less embarrassing between themselves. 

Yet neither knew quite then, how much more teasing was to come. 

<><><><><><><><>

"We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters
is the part we choose to (comment on) act on."