Chapter 5

Harry woke to the sound of his door opening and an empty bed. Nora was standing at the end of his bed tugging on her pants, hair a beautiful mess.

    "Oi, what're you doing?"

    Nora looked up and saw that Harry was awake, sitting up on his elbows and staring at her in confusion. She didn't want to run out, but she had to. She had a fucking UTI and she was going to have to pee every five seconds, she needed cranberry juice, and she wanted to deal with all of those things not at a fraternity house. "I gotta run," she said simply.

    "Where?" Harry looked over to his alarm clock. "It's eight AM on a Sunday. Where're you going?"

    "The store," she replied. "Gotta pick up some things." She buttoned her jeans and reached for her shirt, long forgotten on the ground.

    Harry sat up fully, confused. Who would go to the store at eight in the morning on a Sunday when they could stay in bed? Especially with him? He didn't want her to leave. "And get what?"

    "Jesus Christ, you're so nosy." Nora pulled her shirt over her head, exasperated. "I've got to get some cranberry juice, okay? And then I have to go home and spend all day by my toilet."

    "What? Why?"

    This boy was clueless. But then again, he was also a boy, so what was she to expect. "I've got a fucking UTI, H."

    Realization dawned on his face immediately. "Oh." And then suddenly, he was out of bed, grabbing a fresh pair of boxers, a shirt, and a pair of jeans from his drawers. Nora watched him and tried not to ogle at his muscles as he lifted his arms to get his shirt on, or the way his hair flopped into his face ever so slightly when he pulled on his jeans.

    "What are you doing?"

    Harry stood up and grabbed his keys from his dresser. "Going to the store for you. Now get back in bed, put on some of my clothes that are comfortable, and tell me what exactly you need."

    "What—Harry—"

    He pulled her into his body and pressed the most soft and delicate kiss to her cheek. "I've got an older sister. Know how much these things suck and I seriously doubt you want to move much farther than to and from the toilet. So get back into my bed and let me take care of you, okay?"

    Looking back, that was the moment that Nora fell for him. Right there, Harry holding her close and telling her to let him take care of her. "Okay," she said, because how was she going to deny him? Plus, his bed was more comfortable than hers, and he was right, the idea of getting in an Uber and going to the store and then home sounded horrific because she already had to pee again.

    "Now, what do you need?"

    "Pure cranberry juice," she told him. "No sugars, no sweetener, no mixed with anything else—pure, unfiltered, cranberry juice, and two bottles of sparkling water."

    Harry nodded, memorizing her words. "That it?"

    Nora bit the inside of her cheek. "Some Monostadt if you're feeling courageous."

    "What's that?"

    "Medicine of sorts. Probably will be in with the tampons and stuff."

    Harry's cheeks reddened—he couldn't help it—but he just nodded. "Text me if you think of anything else, okay? I'll be back in a jiffy. And ignore anyone if they tell you to hurry up in the bathroom." He kisses her forehead with such kindness that Nora possibly melts right there on the floor, and then he's out the door.