six

"Mrs Lew?" she heard from her door

"Come in," she replied turning from her spot at the window, seeing a woman walk in.

"Good morning Mrs Lew. I'm Agnes, one of your new maids, I'm here to help with your dress."

"Oh, it's nice to meet you," Kaycee said, walking to the woman, smiling kindly at her.

"Thank you, Mrs Lew. l can tighten your corset and lace up your dress for you if you would like."

"Please, call me Caitlin," she said turning her back to the woman.

"Alright then, Caitlin. I thought I should let you know that Mr Lew is downstairs finishing up breakfast, you might want to make your way down soon."

"He can cook?"

"It appears so. He requested that there were no maids here for a while, saying he would do the cooking and whatnot. His parents insisted I come for the next few days, just to help with the cleaning and set up the maids quarters, I promise to you I'll stay out the way." Agnes said kindly, tying the string off at the top.

"Thank you, Agnes. Don't feel you have to sneak around us, there not much to do around here yet, I'm sure we would both appreciate the company."

"Much obliged, Mrs Caitlin. Ring a bell if you need anything." the older woman said, leaving the girl by herself.

Kaycee had spent the morning looking around the room, and discovering where her thing had been placed. It had been set in for both of them to sleep in. There were two bedside tables, two washbasins and a large closet, which earlier she had opened to find Sean's clothing in too. There was a vanity against a wall, the drawers filled with bits and pieces to style Kaycee's hair.

She walked over to the vanity, picking out an old blue ribbon to match her dress and tying her hair back out of her face. She took on a final look in the mirror before exiting the room.

She made her way along the corridors and down the imperial staircase, then through the rooms that lead her to the kitchen. she walked in to find Sean plating up the food, two cups sitting nearby.

"Good morning Sean," Kaycee said approaching him

"Morning Kaycee, I was just about to bring this up to the dining room, would you grab the tea?" Sean said, picking up the two plates off the maid's table and turning to her.

"Couldn't we just eat here, it seems pointless to take these along there," she said, not waiting for a reply before sitting down. He lay the plate in front of her and sat too, watching her begin to eat straight away. He smiled as she groaned in delight at the food "This is amazing Sean. When did you become a chef?"

"Thanks" he laughed "There was never much to do around the house so I started sitting in the maids quarters and watching them cook, asking to help or if they would teach me things. Father never enjoyed that I was learning such 'girly jobs' but he was away for long hours so there wasn't much he was able to do. Plus it means I can make desserts whenever ever I want."

"Mother never let me learn, I mean I can do simple things, but she always told me that I would have a maid to do it for me so there was no reasoning for me to 'waste my time' on it. I wish I had though because if I could cook like you I would be doing it all the time." she said jokingly, then noticed him staring at her hair. "Sorry, I didn't have time to tie it up properly before I came down, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course I don't mind, I quite like it. It seems more like you than the fancy updo you had in yesterday," he said, mindlessly reaching across and tucking the strand of hair that had fallen in her face behind her ear. "Do you feel better, after last night I mean?"