h e a t h e r

AN: this one shot is inspired by conan grays song heather and dreamer9511 hotch one shot "i hope you dance" this is inspired by, i am in no way trying to steal their work please go read it. i really liked the story and i wanted to put my own spin, kinda like a fanfic of a fanfic ;)

amelia got back from the bau and sat on her bed. She was going to jj and wills wedding tonight, and was planning on getting ready but she had time so she did was she always does when she has free time, mope. she sat as she remembered the third of december. she closed her eyes and relived that day.

the team was flying back from an alaskan case, and they had all done their paper work and were sitting around quietly. the only agents awake were amelia and hotch. she had to admit she had a crazy crush on him. the plane was freezing and she had forgotten warmer layers, so she snuggled in her knees to create warmth. the attractive boss looked to his right and saw the cold beauty. "amelia are you cold?"  she knew lying would get nowhere, so she gave a little nod, and next things next his large suit jacket was over her shoulders and a blanket of warmth surrounded. the two have subtly flirted for awhile, since they were neighbors and they go on runs together. he looked into her gorgeous brown eyes and said "it looks better on you" with a warm grin. she just stared in aw at his gorgeous face. only if knew how much she liked him

amelia didn't even realize she was crying at the memory. she was so convinced that day that something between them would work out, but the next week on a run he met her. Beth. her life flipped from that moment on.  she had checked her watch and decided to get ready. she dug through her closet and found a beautiful velvet green dress that went just below the knees. it hugged her curves and was off the shoulder with a soft v dip. it was her favorite dress, it made her look sexy but also was not too revealing so it was appropriate. she did her makeup and curled her hair, put her black heels on and was ready to drive to rossi's.

she arrived, and greeted everyone. after the ceremony she approached jj and will congratulating, so happy one of her best friends is married. the dancing is started but she went to get some champagne and stood on the sides next to rossi. "hello gorgeous" he smiled gently. amelia loved rossi, he was like a father to her. "hey handsome" she was able to put on a mask of happy he hadn't quite seen through yet. you both stood silently, drinking and just enjoying the comfort of one another. you scan the room till you find the eyes you were looking for. aaron. then to his side of him, stood her. beth. it was impossible to hate her, she was an angel said the whole team. she was gorgeous, a sight for sore eyes.  amelia chugged the rest of her drink, knowing it would be a long night. rossi turned to her to ask why she wasn't dancing, but saw right through her immediately. rossi was rooting for aaron and amelia from day one. he knew they were the perfect match, and he was the only other person than amelia who wasn't a fan of beth. he looked at her with empathy laced in his eyes. "i'm sorry honey, i know. i know" he said while taking her into a nice long hug. it took every cell for amelia to not cry right now. next thing she knows, rossi is pulling her onto the dance floor. "may i have this dance?" you took his hand and nodded, hugging close to rossi, making sure to steer clear of hotch.  "i know honey. you know. but its been 5 months since they've been together and he seems kinda serious. i love you and i want the best for you but i want to make sure you don't skip on things waiting for someone" a single tear fell as amelia pondered the truth. the italian was right, she couldn't do this for longer.

before she even knew, rossi had exchanged her for beth, asking her for the dance. The strong boss followed amelia as she got more to drink. he had read her behavior and knew she was upset. he tapped her shoulder "looks like i'm partner-less, wanna dance?" she was hesitant. she wanted nothing more than to dance with him. but she knew as soon as they would have such an intimate moment, she wouldn't be able to get over him. screw it. she took his arm and rossi saw, making sure the song turned to a slow dance. his strong hands took her waist while she looped her arms around his neck. she stared a little to long, admiring what she cant have.

aaron looked down at her. little does she know he regrets meeting beth. he liked her, but what they had was nothing compared to amelia. he knew he wanted to be with her but he couldn't bring himself to dump beth. he stared at her gorgeous eyes, and he felt like he could read her mind. the sadness laced in her eyes were obvious, and he knew what she was thinking. she wish she were beth. it took everything to not lean down and kiss those lips. they stayed there swaying side to side. amelia looked down and leaned her head into his chest, trying to engrave this moment forever, so she could relive it over and over. its the closest she would be to him. a few tears fell but no one knew.

little did the two know, everyone was staring at them. the team liked beth but they knew how sad amelia was. she wasn't the same after they started dating. beth watched and knew. she loved aaron and didn't want to lose him, but she loved him. and wanted the best for him. and she wasn't the best, amelia was. rossi looked at beth and they had an unspoken agreement that it was time for beth to let him go. once the song finished amelia left and got her drink, chugged it and went to the bathroom. hotch stood on the floor feeling abandoned. the emptiness he felt was all he needed to know he had to be with her.

emily was too drunk to understand, but penelope went to the bathroom to comfort amelia. hotch found beth and they looked at each-other and at the same time said "we need to talk". with that, they both knew they were on the same page. aaron hugged her and apologized, beth was torn but she knew it was the right thing. she smiled and said her last goodbye. hotch was sad but he couldn't be, he had to go tell her.

in the bathroom amelia was crying in pennies arms "why would he ever kiss me? i'm not even half as pretty. he gives her his jacket. i wish i were beth"                                                      aaron was outside the door hearing those words. he gently opened the door, and garcia knew that was her cue. she left. amelia was confused why she just left in the middle of her comforting her, and she saw why. there he was. she immediately felt embarrassed, he saw her crying all gross. "look hotch i'm so sorry, i should go-"

she was interrupted  with an embrace. the best hug. she savored his smell. he looked down, tucked her hair behind her ear and said "please listen to me. beth and i broke up. you are the most gorgeous girl and i hate hearing you say other wise. it was dumb of me to start something with her when i liked you, i wasn't-"

it was his turn to be interrupted, but this time  with soft lips hesitantly on his. he smashed into her and held her tight. they smiled, nervous but ready to start a life together.

an: hi this is my first fic ever!! i hope you enjoyed it!! i know there are spelling errors anf stuff but im too excited to check. comment requests for hotch fics, it can be y/n or a name you have in mind ;)

love a