Ch. 32 - Hang Out

Song: Talk To Me by Cavetown
Picture: Rayna's top
Words: 2405
Published: August 17th, 2020
Third Person POV
Rayna

Rayna trains again for only her fourth time. Surprisingly, she's already shown a lot of improvement since starting only earlier that week. She's started to enjoy it a little bit, as focusing on her physical form takes her mind off of everything that's been stressing her.

Afterwards, she takes a nap, as she's exhausted.

When she wakes up, it's already past 10 A.M., though luckily not by too much. She showers, gets dressed into a light blue button up, high-waisted black jeans, and black boots. She brushes out and dries her hair.

'What should I do with it today?'

She gets an idea and grabs her phone, texting Naomi.

Rayna
Can you come and do my hair?

Naomi
Sure! By right there

Rayna smiles and sits down on the bed.

Naomi knocks on her bedroom door a few minutes later and lets herself in, dressed in a cute plaid shirt matched with a plain skirt.

"Hey, Mimi," Rayna greets.

"Morning, Rainy," Naomi replies, sitting on the bed behind her. "So, what kinda hairstyle do you want?"

"Dutch braids," Rayna tells her.

Naomi nods and gets to work.

Rayna has never gotten into doing hair and makeup. She wasn't one to dress up as a little girl, but Rose loved doing her hair and makeup. She let her, as she was her only daughter after all. Once Rose passed, she never felt any reason to take up any of Naomi's offers to teach her.

"We haven't really been hanging out lately," Naomi points out.

"Yeah," Rayna agrees. "Do you want to hang out today? Actually, all of us should hang out soon."

"Wow," Naomi comments. "Rainy wanting to hang out with people? That's new."

"Y- Yeah," Rayna stutters. "I've felt a lot better since getting away from Johnathan."

"I'm so relieved that you've gotten away from that bastard," Naomi groans. "Too bad these rogue attacks are stressing everyone out right now."

"Yeah . . ." Rayna mumbles, a sudden wave of guilt washing over her. "So, you and Keane, huh?"

"Damn," Naomi curses. "We haven't even had a chance to talk about that yet."

The two girls giggle.

"Damn. It's really been a quick minute."

"It has. Anyways, yeah. Keane and I are mates. Such a coincidence, right? I wouldn't have met him if I wasn't your friend."

"I guess, yeah."

"Like I said when we announced it, he didn't tell me right away, and since I'm human, I didn't know. I only figured it out right before he told me. We're dating now, and I'm really happy with him, honestly."