36

"You can't go around teasing me in every store.." I whine s I lean Against Dion's arm. He shook his head, "I can't help it. You be all shy and cute." His arm came around to land on my waist, pulling me closer, "And this our last stop for the day." He nods towards the giant Macy's and I sigh, "All those people and my feet hurt and it's c-" His hand tightened its grip on my waist, "Ion wanna hear it. You gone let me spoil you." He sent me a glare and I glare back, "You easily spent at-least a thousand on me and now you bout to spend more!" I point to the bags in his hands but he paid me no mind as he lead me inside.

"Stay close." He reminds and I huff softly but hold his hand nonetheless, knowing the sea of people ahead are ruthless.

"Wow.." I mumble softly as I look up at the glass ceiling, watching Dion "mean mug" his way through the crowd of people, earning us angry looks and a few curses. "Baby. Pay attention." Dion snapped gently, making me tear my eyes away from the ceiling. I nod my head and press my body to his until we made our way to the dress department.

My mouth goes dry as I stand in the entrance, "No thanks." I step back but Dion knows me too well and picks me up, hugging me to his chest as he walked deeper into the store, "We gettin you a nice dress whether you like it or not." He puts me down in front of a rack and points to the clothes, "Go ahead." I huff loudly and cross my arms, "I don't know why I gotta get one.. Where would I even wear it?" I look up at him and pout as he smiles, "I'm a CEO and go to a lot of parties and exclusive events so I need my girl to look the best there." He reaches past me and grabs a deep purple dress, "This one?" I scrunch my nose, "Heck no. It's too.. old lady-ish." He chuckles and puts it back, "Then you find one better. Since you a whole stylist." I smugly grin as I go through the dresses, "My style is better than yours but your not ready for that." I tease and watch him pretend to be hurt, putting a hand on his chest, "Oh really? Then imma just leave you to it." He throws his hands up and steps back.

I smile, "Yeah could you? A master is doing her work." I stuck my nose to the air and continue looking as Dion watched. "I think you should wear a bright color. Like pink." He looked over my shoulder a I stopped shuffling, "I don't wear bright colors." I pout and he shakes his head, "And that's okay. So we can settle on a dark one," I nod my head and feel his hands on my hips, "But.. I think you should try one bright color on." I pause again and send him a little glare, "I'm not wearing p-" "Miller?" A woman's voice interrupts, making me look over.

Her deep brown hair fell down her shoulders in soft waves and her dark brown eyes were warm as she looked straight past me at Dion. She casually made her way over, her hips swaying slowly, "I didn't expect to see you back in New York.." She stopped before us as her hand landed on her hip, "Wait until Boss hears about this one." She laughs softly befor her eyes move to me.

"You the newest?" She looks me up and down slowly, making me do the same. "And the last.. You are?" I respond with a sweet smile. Her eyes narrow but she giggles softly as she looks back to Dion, "You always pick the nice ones.. But anyway, we need to talk.." she looks at me, "Alone." I look to Dion, "Well? Y'all gone talk alone?" I cross my arms and he looks between us, equally worried and conflicted.

His eyes snap back to the woman and he sighs, "Just tell us what you need to say." Her eyes widened as she looked taken aback, "Are you se-" "Just spit it out." He snaps and she groans softly and sends me a glare before looking back to Dion, "Boss has a job for you and wants to see you.. I can't tell you anything else." I could feel Dion's grip on my hip tighten, "I ain't goin." He snapped and she rolled her eyes, "You don't got a choice. Either show up or face the consequences." Her eyes snap to me for a second before looking to Dion again, "Warehouse. I'll tell him your coming." She didn't wait for a response as she turned back around and walked away.

"I ain't coming!" Dion yelled after her but she paid no mind. "Bitch." He mumbled softly and turned back to the clothes, "Anyway, I think you sh-" "Who was that?" I cut him off and he sighs softly, "Nobody important.. Can we just move on?" He snapped gently, making me frown. I turn back to the dresses quietly and pretend to sift through as my mind reeled for answers.

I could feel the anger radiating off of Dion as he sifted through the dresses. His hands gripping the fabric as the hangers clicked loudly together. "We can talk about what happened and who that was later because you will tell me." I snap gently and he sighs softly, "I know but I don't want to think about it now.. It's a long story." My hand moves to his, stopping his movements, "That's okay.. Look at me." I cop softly and smile as he turns his face to mine, stress and anger all over his beautiful face.

I step closer as my fingers entwine with his, "She isn't going to ruin our day, okay?" He nods and takes a deep breath, letting the air out slowly, "I know, baby.. She makes me wanna kill her sometimes.." I nod my head, "I wanna kill her too but we won't because we are better than that." He chuckles softly and I join in, "Now let's continue shopping and being together." I reach up and grab his cheek, bringing his face down to mine to give him a gentle kiss.

His cheeks warmed as he pressed his lips against mine. I could barely hold the kiss as my lips grew into a smile. Dion pulled back slightly, "Stop smiling so I can love on you." His hands moved to my waist as he pulled my body flush against his. I brace my hands on his chest and give him a little glare, "Cool it down, sir. We are keeping this little trip innocent!" I snap gently and listen to his beautiful chuckle as he untangled himself from me, "Of course, love.. I would never do something like that." I send him a knowing look before we both burst out in laughs, earning looks from customers and nosy employees.