19

THIRD POV

Viola looked at Glenn with a serious expression as if their eyes locked and unable to gaze away.

Viola knows the reason why Glenn always erase her memories after meeting her over and over again.

Glenn wanted to meet her and when he met her, he will erase her memories that becomes his habit.

However, once she remembered, she will not back down.

"I never asked you to erase my memories."

". . . Do you even know what you felt back then? Those memories m-"

"It is a painful memories. But that memories is also a part of my life. In life, you can't always experience the good, Glenn."

Viola was a bit dissapointed of how he protected her.

"It must've been painful for you too, right?"

His eyes went wide by her statement.

She raise her hand and clutch her chest. ". . . Because It's really painful for me."

Glenn couldn't hold it in anymore as he pull her hand and embrace her into a longing hug.

"It's really painful that erasing your memories just like a habit to me. Everytime you go out to the town, I always followed you everywhere. Always."

Viola who heard that, chuckled while remembering her time with him at the temple and he confessed that he's a weird stalker.

After they calmed down a bit, they sit together at the back garden where no one can see or find them.

Glenn rest his head on Viola's shoulder as he sigh of relief. ". . . I really wanted to do this. Spending time with you. . . and Gaul. He must be watching us from one of the stars."

Viola nodded with a satisfying smile while enjoying the warm atmosphere they created.

"Oh!" Glenn's eyes widened in realisation as he take off his familiar necklace from him.

Viola's eyes widened in realisation. "That's. . ."

"Yeah. It's the necklace I gave to Gaul. But now, I'm giving it to you."

He help her wear the necklace carefully much to her surprise.

"Is this really alright?" Viola asked, a bit worried.

"It's really alright. You can hide it under your dress. Remember that some promise we made still lives inside it. Gaul probably wants you to have it."

Viola blushed warmly while looking at the star sapphire necklace with the shape of sphere.

She feels calm and protected by it as she look at the sapphire. ". . . Thank you."

Glenn only smiled at her satisfyingly.

". . . By the way Glenn."

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever heard the Caitriona Marquessate?"