𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( chapter 11! )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

eleven | we visit the garden gnome emporium

third-person pov!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

      ALL THE POSITIVITY HELEN HAD at the start of the quest vanished quickly as the three demigods and satyr walked through the woods along the New Jersey riverbanks, hungry, without money or any plan on how to continue their quest.

      Grover was shivering and braying, his eyes full of terror, "Three Kindly Ones. All three of them."

      Nobody responded, the events prior shaking them up. Helen could still feel the ringing in her ears. Why is it that every time she was in some sort of vehicle, she had an accident? The god of cars is out for me, Helen thought, and maybe she was a little traumatized by what happened earlier, but it made her chuckle. Her friends looked at her like she was crazy.

      Annabeth pulled them along, saying "Come one. The further away we get, the better."

      "All our money was back there," Percy reminded her, "Our food and clothes. Everything."

      "Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-"

      Helen mentally prepared for the fight that was about to break.

      "What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?"

      "You didn't need to protect us, Percy. We would have been fine."

      "Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in, "but fine."

      "Well, it doesn't matter now," Helen sighed, "What's important is that we're all alive. We can find food and clothes on our way."

      Grover brayed mournfully, "Tin cans. A perfectly good bag of tin cans."

      With that being said, they continue to slosh quietly through nasty twisted trees.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

      They continued to walk for a mile, tripping over roots and knocking into some trees, when they finally could see some neon lights not so far. Helen could smell the food, even from where she stood. The amazing smell of junk food. If Silena were there, she would have gagged and prohibited Helen from going even near it. Helen, being the good sister she is, did the exact opposite.

      They kept walking until they saw a deserted two-lane road. On the other side stood the place where the good smell and neon lights were coming from. The shop looked like those places where they sell statues and plant pots to decorate your garden. The main building was a long warehouse, surrounded by acres of statuary. Thanks to Helen's dyslexia, the neon sign said: NTYUA MSE RENAGD EMNGO MEPROUIM