Chapter 7

Hey guys!

Don't forget to vote, leave a comment, and please let me know about any suggestions or errors.

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy!

Xavier's POV

I've tried finding multiple ways on getting Axarii to stop avoiding me since our last conversation, but she somehow manages to find a way around them.

It's been a few days since I've hanged out with the kids, mainly because of how busy I am. Those three were the main reason for me still being in California, besides me having to attend some business gathering. I wouldn't even go if I had the choice.

But it's mandatory.

What pissed me off even more was the fact that Mason had the nerve to invite Rachael to be my "partner" for tonight, I don't even know how she made it to California.

"Babe what's wrong? You seem bothered about something." I was brought out of my thoughts by Rachael, feeling a hand make its way up my thigh. I grabbed her hand and tossed it back to her as i mentally groaned.

I'm gonna fucking kill Mason for this.

"Nothing is wrong Rachael and stop calling me that, it's inappropriate." I spoke, slightly speeding up, suddenly having the urge to get coffee bc to the building as soon as possible. Going past the speed limit, it only took me a few minutes before I finally was in the parking lot.

Time was flying by as I spent it talking to old businessmen of my father, sipping on wine and avoiding Rachael as much as possible. It's not that she's ugly or anything, she's just not my type.

She's not Axarii.

I gave up on pushing her away since she'd only grab onto me again after waiting a few seconds.

"Rachael you're really starting to piss me off." I groaned as she let out a soft laugh, pushing her breast closer to me.

"Zay, what's got you so grumpy? You don't act like this when we're alone." She pouted, me rolling my eyes.

"Don't say things like that, nothing has happened between you and I. And don't ever call me by that name, you have no right." The elders around us softly laughing about the situation, whispering about us being an 'adorable item', pissing me off even more.

I began looking around to calm myself down. The couples reminding me of all the events Arii and I would attend together. My eyes soon stopped on a familiar figure that was interacting with Gabriel and his wife. I looked at the person on her left and instantly became tense.

That fucking bastard.

After a few minutes she began looking around, probably sensing my gaze, before she looked directly at me. My hard glare looked upon her before I stared at the hand that was wrapped around her small waist, my hands balling into fists. I looked back at her to see her looking at something on my right, me completely forgetting that Rachael was beside me holding onto my arm. I watched as she scoffed before she dragged him off in the other direction.

I continued to stare at the two from their table as they talked to one another. Just as I were about to make my way towards the table, she had quickly stood up and walked out of the ballroom. I stood up and was about to follow.