Saturdays Are For The Pack

Derek, Isaac, and I were in Derek's new loft. I sat on the only table and Isaac was pacing back and forth.

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous. You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him." Isaac said.

"You'll be fine." Derek reassured him.

"Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it. I don't. Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself." Issac came to stand in between my legs.

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I-- Well, I trust Scott." Issac said as I ran my hands up and down his sides.

"Do you trust me?" Derek asked.

"Yes, we wouldn't be here if we didn't." I said to him.

"I still don't like him." Issac said again.

At the same time, Derek and I say, "Nobody likes him."

At that Peter comes through the door. "Boys and lady. F.Y.I. Yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope your comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

Derek deadpans, "We don't like you. Now shut up and help us."

"Fair enough." Peter flings his claws out. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked as I sat in front of him.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly be Alphas since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

"Peter. You do realize that if you hurt him, I will hunt your werewolf butt down?" I ask him.

"You--You've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac asked Peter.

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone. Lena, if you would distract him." Peter said to me.

"Isaac, my dad wants to meet you," I say to him and that and what Peter said got everyone thinking. Peter then stuck his claws into Isaac's neck.

They both struggle, "Wait, I see them." Then Peter walks away from Isaac. I make sure he is alright, while still listening to the conversation. I had him look at me.

"What'd you see?" Derek asks.

"It was confusing. Um, im- images. Vague shapes." Peter explained. Isaac was holding his neck, so I stood up and looked at it.

"But you saw something." Derek said.

"Isaac found them."

"Erica and Boyd?" I ask.

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

"But you did see them." Derek raised his voice.

"Worse."

"Deucalion?" I ask him.

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out." I saw Peter cradling his fingers and I went to go check on him too. My medical emergency personal kicking in.

"What does it mean?" Isaac asked.

"He's gonna kill them." Derek assumed.

"No, no, no, no, no, he didn't say that. He did make them a promise, that by the full moon that they'd both be dead." Peter talked as I cleaned the blood from his claws.

"The next full moon?" I ask looking up at him.

"Tomorrow night," Peter stated. He left a little after that. Derek got a call from Scott to come to the school. I left Isaac and drove Derek and myself.

"Derek?"

"Lena."

"I know right now isn't like the best time to do this but uh, I was wondering if you would go with me to get a tattoo."

"How old are you?" I felt his eyes on me.

"That doesn't matter, I would just like to get something covered up. And I'd rather not have Isaac or Scott or Stiles or either one of my dads see it."

"Where is it?" He asked as we park.

"On my ribcage. Kate made me get it when I was thirteen and all I want is to put that behind me. Please." I pled with him.

"Let me see it." I push my chair back and lift up the left side on my shirt. My tattoo plain and simple, 'We hunt'. "Ok. I'll go."

"Ahh! Thank you

"Ahh! Thank you." I hug him across the seats. "And I know what I want. It's something I've been working on."

"Alright, let's go in." We get out of the car, meeting up with the others. Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and my sister. I stood outside as a lookout before Derek came and got me. "I don't see anything."

"Look again." Scott said.

I looked at Lydia's and my sister wrists, the symbol looked familar. I knew it. "How is a bruise gonna tell us where Boyd and Erica are?"

Allison and Derek stared each other down. I thought back to our mother. "It's exactly the same, on both sides."

"It's nothing." Derek and my sister hadn't broken eye contact.

"Pareidolia," Lydia says and I laugh. "Seeing patterns that aren't there."

I say over Derek's shoulder, "It's a subset of Apophenia."

"They're trying to help?" Derek looked at Scott. "These two. This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you. And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack."

"Derek, easy," I whisper to him.

"Our mother died." Allison said, looking at me.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me."

"The girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." Allison taunted.

"You wanna help? Find something real." Derek and I moved to the door.

"Guys, give her a chance. They're on our side now." Scott defended.

"Well then maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night." And Derek left.

"Scott, he has a point." I picked up my bag and headed to class, Allison catching up to me.

"How can you be on his side?" She asked me.

"Allison, I'm not talking about this with you. I trust Derek and I trust Scott. Now, I've got to get to class." I took a couple of steps before turning around. "You know I gave you the whole summer to try and get to know me. You know we are twins or did our mom forget to mention that too?"

"You know nothing about her!" She screamed at me.

"I know a lot more than you do." I left her after that.