Chapter 3

The dwarves all shoved their way into the house and began to grab whatever food they could get their hands on. (Y/n) was forced to deal with the dwarves as Bilbo got himself more dressed. When he came back out, he saw the dwarves grabbing all their food. He went to stand next to his confused sister.

"Uh- excuse me, that's our chicken- um, if-if you don't- that's my wine! Excuse me!" Bilbo exclaimed as a dwarf walked by. He turned around and the hobbits saw he had an axe lodged in his head. He began speaking in Dwarvish, and (Y/n) and Bilbo could not understand what he was saying.

"He's got an injury" said a dwarf behind them.

"You mean the axe in his head?" (Y/n) asked sarcastically.

"Dead? No, only between his ears. His legs work fine" said the dwarf, holding up a listening trumpet.

Bilbo was furiously trying to get a bit of control back and stood in the hallway as the dwarves passed him with loads of food in their hands.

"Put that back! Put that back! Not the jam, please! Excuse me!" he stated.

A large ginger dwarf walked by them with three blocks of cheese.

"It's a tad excessive, isn't it?" Bilbo said.

"Have you got a cheese knife?" (Y/n) asked.

"'Cheese knife'? He eats it by the block" said a dwarf with a strange hat, who was carrying a plate of meat. (Y/n) widened her eyes at this, and Bilbo grimaced.

"No, that's Grandpa Mungo's chair! No, so is that. Take it back please. Take it back. It's an antique! Not for sitting on! That is a book, not a coaster! Put that map down! Thank you!"

Bilbo rushed around trying to stop the dwarves from messing with the order in his house. (Y/n) made her way to the table, where some dwarves and Gandalf were setting it. A dwarf came up behind Gandalf with a tray of tea and spoke.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gandalf. May I tempt you with a cup of chamomile?"

"Oh, no, thank you Dori. A little red wine for me, I think" Gandalf responded. He looked to (Y/n) who was standing by the table, looking at all the dwarves in her house.

"My dear (Y/n), how are you this fine evening?" he asked her with a warm smile.

"I-I, uh, I'm a little blindsided but good. I was just wondering, um, what were all the dwarves names?" (Y/n) answered, looking up at Gandalf.

"Well, you have Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori, and Ori!" 

"Oh, thank you Gandalf" (Y/n) said.

"Not my prize winners, thank you!" Bilbo said as he snatched a bowl of tomatoes from a dwarf. Another dwarf came up to Gandalf, and began speaking in Dwarvish. (Y/n) couldn't understand what he was saying, but Gandalf seemed to know.

"Yes, you're quite right, Bifur. We appear to be one dwarf short" Gandalf said.

"He is late is all" said Dwalin, leaning against the wall, "He travelled north to a meeting of our kin. He will come"

"Sorry, who will come?" (Y/n) asked.

"You will see, soon enough" Gandalf replied.

"Mr. Gandalf, a little glass of red wine, as requested. It's got a fruity bouquet" said Dori, handing Gandalf a tiny glass. He took it and said "ah, cheers" before downing it in one small gulp.

As Bilbo was running around, (Y/n) called his name to get his attention.

"What? Do you have a solution to our problem because these dwarves are causing too much chaos in my home and-"