youre the first (man) who ever loved me

Yes I'm gonna stay with her tonight
I'll see you in the mornin'
No of course, she won't drink and drive
Can you say bye to mom for me?

Headlights shine into the Cabello's kitchen just as Camila places her tea mug into the sink, and she peers out the window, a smile curling on her pink lips as she recognizes the white car.

"That's Lauren, Papí, so I'm gonna get going," she rounds the kitchen island and stops at the table where her father sits, sipping his tea, and leans down to give him a hug and a kiss.

He turns his head, kissing her cheek and grasping her arms in his strong hands. "Will you be staying at her place tonight, mija?"

Camila's radiant smile shines brighter as she nods. "Yes papí, I will. I'll see you in the morning." She leans over him to grab her purse off the breakfast table.

Alejandro hesitates a moment, standing up and following her to the front door. "There won't be any drinking, will there?"

Camila pauses with her hand on the doorknob to look at him, smiling reassuringly. "No of course not. She would never drink and drive, papí. I've gotta go— will you say goodbye to mamá for me?"

Alejandro nods once, stepping to the window by the front door and pushing back the curtain slightly to see Lauren exiting her car and leaning against it.

Oh you'll like her, she's really kind
And she's funny like you sometimes
And I found someone I really like
Maybe for the first time

"I really like her, papí," Camila's soft voice breaks the comfortable silence, and he realizes she's standing right beside him, staring out the window at the woman by the car, her eyes soft and shining like honey. "I've never... felt this way about anyone," she looks up at him and he's struck, not for the first time, just how grown his little girl is.

A smile appears on her lips, not taking her eyes off the raven haired woman leaning against her car. "She's really kind... and she's funny. Like you," she shakes her head and looks up at him. "But you know that... you've met her so many times."

Alejandro nods, keeping quiet. Yes, he has. As a bandmate. As a best friend. As a crush... a crush who has broken his little girls heart one too many times, enough for him to believe she did not deserve her.

No I don't need a jacket
It's not that cold tonight
And you worry, I get it
But she's waiting outside

Camila opens the front door, about to step out onto the porch, and Alejandro realizes she has no jacket with her.

He gently takes her elbow, frowning. "Mija, no jacket? It's chilly out."

Camila blinks, and then smiles. "No papí, I'm fine. It's not that cold," she laughs softly at the worried look on his face and leans up, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I know you worry, I get it. But we're only going to dinner and then back to her place. I'll be fine. She's waiting for me outside. I have to go. I love you." A hug, and she's sprinting down the porch steps and down the driveway, away from him, gravitating towards her.

Camila greets her with a soft kiss, fingers cupping her jaw ever so gently, Lauren's hands resting on her hips, drawing her closer.

I swear on my heart
That she's a good girl
I know you'll stay up late
Just waiting for me
You held me so tight
Now someone else can
But you were the first man that really loved me