chapter thirty-five

Emily

It was only 8:00 by the time we got to the bar. We had ended up having to wait until the people that weren't coming left the party, seeing as the boys couldn't just leave midway through.

Liam had organised for all of us to have a private room in the bar. And even though it was just people from the party, it was still a lot louder and filled then I had expected. 

All the boys, Molly, Eleanor, Sophie, Gemma, Lottie and I were all standing in a bunch, talking and laughing among ourselves, while others in the room had their own groups.

"This rounds on me!" Louis shouted as he held up his third shot. We'd only been here for half an hour but I could tell a lot of people wanted to get this party started soon. 

I got offered my first shot for the night but I declined because I knew there had to be at least one person among our group to keep everyone sane.

"Do you want a drink babe?" Harry asked me, leaning into my ear so I could hear him over the loud music and talking.

"Yes please, I'll just have a coke" I replied, giving him a quick peck before he walked off to grab us a drink. I turned back around to the group in front of me, just as Louis yelled.

"LUKE! ASHTON! MICHAEL! CALUM!" I turned to where Louis was looking as Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum all came over.

"I didn't know you guys were coming" Liam said as they all embraced each other in a hug.

"Why would we miss the opportunity for a free drink with our best mates" Calum chuckled. 

"It's gonna be more then just one drink" Louis said as he stumbled back over to Eleanor, slinging his arm around her as she wrapped her arm around his waist to hold him up.

"This is gonna be one hell of a night" Harry said, appearing by my side again and handing me my coke. I took it gratefully as Harry snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side.

. . .

We had been at the bar for three hours. I had stayed true to my word on not drinking. Luckily for me, I wasn't alone in keeping our little group we had formed mentally stable.

Gemma, Sophie, Lottie and Luke were had either not had a drink or only had one. Ashton looked a bit tipsy, but the rest of the group were definitely wasted.

We had all decided on keeping an eye on specific people each. I had been given the responsibility to look after Harry and Molly, and unfortunately for me, they were both the most drunk right now.

I sat on the bar stool with Harry in between my legs, distracting him by playing with his hair, while I searched the room for any sign of Molly or even Niall.

"Baby!" Harry pulled me from my search by turning to face me and sitting his hands on my hips. I looked down at him as he looked up to me.

"Yes" I let my hands fall to Harry's shoulders and took a quick glance back up, hoping to see that Molly had somehow appeared. Unfortunately the only thing I saw was Sophia trying very hard to stop Calum from falling over while Liam was on his back.

"Baby" Harry groaned. I looked back down to him, giving him my attention again. "I just want you to know, you're the prettiest and beautifulest and amazingest and bestest girlfriend in the world" Harry placed a kiss on my lips, moving his hands down to play with the strings on my ripped jeans.

"Thank you babe, but those aren't words" I reminded him. Harry didn't look like he cared one bit and was just focused on giving me another kiss.

I had learnt by now, that when Harry was drunk, he was very affectionate. I gave him one last kiss before returning my attention back to finding Molly.