Chapter 25 - The daisy Poet

"How did she wake up?" Steve turns to Bruce who shrugs.

"Must have been one of us... who was the last to see her?" Sam points to Bucky who looks away from the window that peered into the medical room.

"Barnes? What did you say?" The entire group turns to the solider who blushed red.

"N-nothing," Nat then informed the group that he was lying. "Damn you, Romanoff,"

"What did you say?"

"It was really nothing! I just-... I said- I cant say it! It's none of your business!" The winter stormed off only for Thor to grab a hold of his shoulders.

"What did you say?" Steve growled. "What did you say? What made her wake up?-"

"I told her I loved her-!" The soldier clasped a hand over his mouth. "Shit," he mumbled.

"You... what?" The group stood shocked, though more in anticipation at the Captains reaction rather than the soldiers confession.

"I told her- that I loved her, and I know you don't approve, hell, you've made it very clear! But I'll leave it at that, I know she won't remember me saying it, and if you want she'll never hear it," Bucky combed back his hair with a sigh. "She's made it clear she'll follow what you say... so I'll steer clear of her," He takes the silence as his cue to leave.

"Talk to him, and don't make it worse," Natasha nudges Steve forward towards the hall once Bucky closed his door.

~~~

"Buck?" The older Rogers knocks on his best friends door. After hearing no reply he opened the door and saw his pal hunched over on the bed, facing the window.

"What do you want?" Steve closes the door and hesitates to walk towards Bucky. A feeling of guilt clouded both their minds for different reasons; one for the confession and one for realising the consequence of their action.

"I just want to say... sorry, for all of this,"

"It's not your fault... it's mine," The brunette mumbles. Steve deadpans to his best friend with a confused face.

"Your fault? Buck, I made you two break up! And it was for such a selfish reason..."

"Selfish? The patriotic man with plan? Never," in times like this it was always Bucky who made light for every situation. The older Rogers let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, maybe never again considering what this did..." Steve sits down next to his friend. "I was selfish and I'm sorry, I just didn't want to lose you both..."

"Lose us-? Steve, we are best friends, she is your sister! Why would you ever lose us??"

"I don't know? Maybe you two move away after getting married, you won't call me or let me see my nephews and/or nieces! I'll die alone with no one-"

"Woah! Steve, calm down, you're acting like an overprotective old woman,"

"Hey!" The blonde shouts with a chuckle.

"You won't lose either of us, and Y/n will make damn sure of it," He nudges his friend. "And like I said... I'm with you til the end of the line, pal,"

~~~

Still in the medical room of the cabin, you slowly ate your breakfast. Waiting for the day you could escape this prison... as dramatic as that sounds... in all honesty it was nice to get some rest but it hurt to move most of the time. The only exercise you got was going to the bathroom!

"SHIELD wants us back in New York by tonight," your brother walks into the room with your packed bag.

"Great!" You go to move only for a groan to escape your lips.

"Don't move!" Steve rushes for your side to help you back into a comfortable position. "I'll get Nat to help,"

~~~

Once you were all dressed Nat helped you limp out and to the Quinjet. The temperature of that morning was freezing, though you emitted ice, the natural cold did nip at your skin.

"Careful," she mumbles, helping you down the steps. As you clutched your stomach in hopes to stop the pain, you noticed everyone giving you a side eye.

"Stop staring!" You whine. They all avert their gaze as you entered the aircraft. "You guys didn't make this much of a deal when Rhodey broke his damn legs,"

"Because I'm not a fragile little snowflake," Rhodes mocks.

"Shove it, old man,"

"You're, like, a hundred and something years old!" You stick out your tongue making him frown. Now settled in a seat, you buckle up and sigh at the soft pillows you had been given; royal treatment!

"What was the coma like?" Vision blurts out.

"Vis! You can't just ask someone what their coma was like!" Wanda smacks his arm only earning her a confused look.

"I was merely asking her experience,"

"It was weird..." you start off as they all look at you. "It was like reliving a memory," they all gave a questioning gaze. "I was back in New York, in Central Park, way before the war,"

"Anything you were doing?" You think harder before blushing. "What?"

"Nothing! Just me in Central Park!" You laugh awkwardly only for Wanda to send a wisp of red into your mind and connecting it to everyone else's.

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" You continue to comb through your boyfriends hair as he read out a sonnet you forced him to appreciate; which in the end he did. "Thou art more lovely and more temperate-"

"Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May," you join in. "And summer's lease hath all too short a date," you both say in unison.

"See? It wasn't so bad to read it, right?" He rolls his eyes and picks a daisy from the grass.

"Like daisies a pair we withstand the rain; blah blah something that rhymes with rain," you snicker and take the flower, placing it in his hair.

"Was that your attempt at being a poet?"

"Was it good?" He looks up at you with puppy dog eyes.

"It was perfect,"

The memory ended and you were brought back into reality. Snapping open your eyes you look at the cluster of different reactions.

"You guys are sickeningly cute," Sam gags making you blush. Seeing your brother give a distorted look you sigh and lay down, hopeful to quicken the flight duration.

"Fuck you, Maximoff," she winks as you huff and close your eyes.

~~~

Death, bring me death! 💀

- Anna ❤️