𝟏𝟐 - 𝐙𝐚𝐜

I woke up to the sun creeping through the blinds, I rolled over and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

Anakin was gone.

one of the many things we had talked about during training was how he always got up at the crack of dawn to go meet with obi-wan and discussion the next mission plans.

throwing the covers off I threw my legs over the side of the bed and went to put on my Jedi attire and head for breakfast.

I strolled over to the grand dining room where I was greeted with a familiar face.

padme.

Padme and I had grown close since we first met those few weeks ago, I admired he strong will and determination. most politicians, I found very boring but not Padme.

"ahh (y/n) hello" she said, scooping me up in a hug. I still wasn't used to them but I hugged her back in response.

"join me for some breakfast?" she smiled.

I nodded, got my food then sat down beside her on one of the round dining tables.

"so (y/n), excited for tonight?" she asked

"tonight, what's tonight" I asked in confusion, taking a large gulp of my tea.

"haven't you heard? troops have won back Kamino, there's an event in the ballroom to celebrate tonight. the council weren't too fond on the idea of a party but I insisted. Besides, you Jedi need some time to let go"

maybe she was right, when was the last time any of us had fun?

she started chuckling to herself now,

"what's so funny?" I asked, her laugh was contagious making me smile too

"I'm just imagining you walking down the grand staircase of the ballroom in your worn out, dirty, Jedi attire"

"I think you'll find my training clothes are very clean and party worthy" I laughed sarcastically.

"nonsense, nonsense. I beg of you, wear something of mine, I have so many old dresses you can wear"

dresses.

I had vowed to myself that I would never wear a dress, not my style. However I had a feeling padme would keep nagging until I complied.

"ok, ok. i'll come and see what you have, but don't get your hopes up on me wearing anything that flows or has a skirt" I smiled.

I stood up and said goodbye to Padme, we had agreed that after my quick training session with Anakin I would meet her at her apartment, where she would to pick out my outfit for tonight or something like that, I'm not really sure but she was very excited so I just let her have her moment.

After collecting my lightsabers from my room, I now headed to the training room, today Anakin was going to teach me on how to channel my aggression and anger into my lightsaber moves.

Anakin and I were more similar than he liked to admit, so really we both learned things from each other.

On my way down the now familiar hallway, I heard a voice call out to me from behind. Spinning my heels round to meet the voice my eyes caught with, zac's.

Zac was also a new learner, but with a very different background I'm sure. We had talked a few times during breakfast or whilst passing each other in the halls, but I didn't really know much about him. however, he was sweet and I think he'd taken a liking to me.

"oh, hi Zac" I said smiling, I kept walking as he followed

"hey. so, (y/n) I wanted to ask you something" his stance seemed anxious.

"I'm kind of in a rush Zac but sure, what's up?"

"well I was wondering...if...you'd accompany me to the party tonight?"

we stopped outside the training room, I turned my head and saw Anakin inside with his arms crossed impatiently looking over at us.

I looked back up to Zac, he wasn't bad looking. He had dirty blonde, curly hair, he was tall and had chestnut brown eyes, that were looking down at me waiting for an answer.

I was quite taken aback by his question, I wasn't expecting him to ask.

"oh, wow...umm" I looked down to my feet then my eyes went back to Anakin, he had turned away now and was busy with something else.

I smiled back up at Zac "well, okay. I'd love to"

his face glowed with joy "great, so umm ill see you later then" suddenly he leaned forward and kissed my check then left in a hurry.

I held onto the spot he had just kiss for a second, pink highlight rushed to my cheeks.

did that really just happen?

Suddenly I was snapped back into reality. Anakin leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed once again "what was that about?" he asked

"oh nothing, just about the party tonight" I replied, walking into the room, brushing past him.

"you're going to that? I didn't think of you as the party person" he remarked

"well, I'm full of surprises" I winked jokingly.

after a few drills we were now going over melee combat, Anakin had his lightsaber ignited and slowly drove it to my side "so if I move my saber here you..."

deflecting his move I put my saber underneath his and heaved it upwards pushing him back.

"yes, good!" he said, pleased.

"one thing though" he walked up behind me, snuffing out his lightsaber.

"when deflecting a hit you need to have your wrist in the defensive hold" he edged up behind me and brought his arms round to my wrists, he clamped both his hands over mine and gently eased them over to the correct position.

"see?" he said I nodded, not turning back to meet his eyes.

he was very close to me, I could feel his deep breath on the nape of my neck and the brush of his hands leaving mine left a fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach.

He coughed uncomfortably and stepped back, now realising the tension building in the silence of the air.

"mhm, yep ugh, that's good for today. You better go get ready for later" he turned away from me, packing up his things.

he confused me sometimes.

what, one minute he's brushing himself up against me, the next he's practically pushing me out the door?

I left before he could turn around again, I didn't have time to overthink all these mixed signals. Maybe Padme would understand what all of this meant.