𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐨 𝐧 𝐞 : 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙗𝙤𝙤

"Everything justifies someone's innocence if they are willing to use the way of love."

"Are you out of your mind!? He nearly killed you!" Amber hissed at me furiously, and I pulled away from Lazarus a little bit to look at her successfully, making him growl in protest before planting my side to his own, practically glueing us together.

"H-He is living in a misunderstanding. His death can't be because of some deceiving sight." I groaned, still having a croaking voice, as Lazarus immediately grazed the prominent hand print on my neck with a clenched jaw and bloodshot eyes that started to scare me a bit.

And guilt was clearly plastered in his eyes, and I hated that.

Why is he guilty?

"I AM NOT UNDER A MISUNDERSTANDING! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! You can fool everyone else, but not me." Bane growled while pushing away the guards who grabbed him and stood up while limping.

"I-I'm not lying...I seriously am not." I whimpered, almost coming out as inaudible, feeling the pain subside but the stinging never left my neck, as gulping anything like my saliva was becoming painful.

Seriously he can't be killed because of prejudice, that's just unfair.

A simple gesture of breathing caused me an aching chest, and something as simple as using my mouth was unbearable.

Guess he did a great job in causing damage to my cords.

Perfect, just what I needed.

"She's loosing her voice." David whispered in horror, as Lazarus made us sit down on the ground, covering me with his coat because of the cold, and held me against him tightly.

"She'll be fine." Lazarus muttered in a cold voice, almost as if he was trying to convince himself that I'll get better rather than convincing anyone else, which honestly made my heart ache.

"SHE DESERVES IT-"

"You should be happy she's the reason why you are alive you leach. You have a freaking guardian angel protecting you, whom you don't even deserve, so if you utter another comment against her, whether she likes it or not, we will end you. And mark my words." Caesar growled in a threatening way, making Bane scowl at me.

"W-Why does he hate me?" I muttered in pain to Lazarus almost too softly so that no one could hear me, and he looked at me with a scared expression.

"Forget about him, rest your throat love. Please don't speak too much, I beg you." He implored, as I finally could guarantee that my body was getting enough oxygen, causing it calm down without shaking anymore.

"This is all my fault." Amber muttered sadly while looking at me from afar, and I groaned and shook my head in a whine before puffing my cheeks at her and pouting a censure.

I mouthed a 'no it's not' to her with a reassuring weak smile, and Lazarus' eyes turned silver.

Guess he's mind-linking someone, of course.