Chapter 53 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

It's been a while since Damon ran out of the house. The gunshots stopped about five minutes ago. Everyone ran out except for Val, Axel, Luciana and obviously Lily and I.

Axel was going to run out with them but Val stopped him. It seemed that even though she's very intimidating and Damon is her son, she wasn't going to question his decision on leaving Axel out of the mafia business. After all, he's still the boss and I'm sure Damon would've gotten extremely angry had anyone questioned his decision.

"Where's daddy at?" Lily whispers with tears flowing down her cheeks.

I hesitate before wiping her tears away and saying, "He's going to come back soon, bubbles."

"You promise?" She asks, with hopeful eyes.

"I-" Letting out a sigh, I run a hand through my hair.

I can't promise her something that I have no control over. If I did that and something happened to Damon, she would hate me. It's bad enough that I told her that he would come back soon.

Instead, I pull her back into my arms and rest my chin on her head.

"Do you think maybe we should see if they're all okay?" Luciana asks, while nervously scratching her left arm.

Axel scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Sure, go ahead if you want to get shot."

She furrows her eyebrows and looks down before mumbling, "At least I didn't get called stupid."

"What was that?" He questions, giving her his full attention.

"That's enough!" Val raises her voice, looking between the both of them.

The door swings opens, catching our attention. Damon walks in looking extremely pissed off and Lily looks up. Her eyes go wide when she sees him and she instantly runs up to him.

"Daddy!" She says, tears still falling down her face as Damon lifts her up with one arm and places a kiss on her forehead.

I stay in my spot while my eyes roam his whole body, checking to see if he has any injuries from a distant. In his other hand, he holds a gun, which he quickly puts in the back of his pants.

He walks up to me and gently grabs my chin in his hand before giving me a slow kiss and saying, "I'm fine."

"Figlio, what happened?" Val asks, as she plays with the rings on her fingers.

Damon looks over to her with his jaw clenched, "The fucking russians is what happened."

She shakes her head in disbelief, "That can't be true. Are you one hundred percent sure that it was them?"

He releases a frustrated breath, "Yes, I'm fucking sure! They left their piece of shit Russian symbol on the gate. When I get my fucking hands on them, I'm going to make them feel pain like no other!"

Val sighs and crosses her arms over her chest, "Did one of you catch any of the guys alive?"

Damon shakes his head, "No, they're all dead. The very few we did catch was shot in the head before we could get them through the damn doors."

"Who the fuck shot them?!" Val questions, throwing her hands up in frustration.

"The russians." He answers, making Val raise a brow.

She looks to the wall before walking closer to us, "The russians shot their own men?"

Damon nods, "The little fuckers are smarter than I thought. This small attack was a warning, a warning that they're still coming. They had snipers so that just in case any of their men were to get caught, they could get killed before we had the chance to question them. They killed their own men instead of risking getting betrayed."