23. Secrets

~song of the day~
   Cool - Dua Lipa

~song of the day~   Cool - Dua Lipa

Dove

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My stupid alarm went off. I groan and hit the stop button. I was never one to snooze because I enjoy my sleep.

Someone knocks on my door, and I ignore it, hoping they'll eventually go away. But instead, Harry pokes his head through my door.

"Your dad says to wake you up because he knows you'll hit the snooze button, " he says in a monotone voice and closes the door back.

I mentally scold myself for asking my dad to wake me up, but I get out of bed. I was going to NYU with Fawn today.

I walk into my bathroom, rubbing my sleepy eye with the back of my hand. I never understand the movies where girls wake up all bright and happy with glowy faces.

I always look like a Chihuahua that drowned after being run over by a train. After I brush my teeth, I decide to work out in my room because I am too lazy to walk to the gym.

I do some sit-up, crunches, planks, and a few other cardio workouts except burpees. I hate burpees.

After my workout, I have my bath while pretending to be a famous YouTuber telling the world about my morning skincare routine.

I stand in my closet, scanning over the hoard of clothes in it. New York is a fashion city, and that meant you could wear anything and call it style without being crucified as long as you are skinny or famous.

I decide to wear a white crop top with red pants and sneakers. I pair it with a red bucket hat and cute pin earrings I got online last week, hoping the students at NYU don't crucify my sense of style.

I let my hair down, running my left hand through my curls while applying pink lip gloss on my lips

I grab my phone to text Fawn but see another weird message from an unknown. The person hadn't texted me all week, and I'm beginning to think he/she only has network service on weekends.