Chapter 26 - Winter time Rose

Feeling a light nudge on your shoulders you slowly moved back into consciousness. A never ending 'psst' sound coming from the culprit.

"Stevie?"

"N/n, wake up, we need to talk," he whispered in a low voice. Finally gaining awareness you were still in the jet, though it was now dark, the sun well set.

"What is it?" You look around and realised the reason for the hushed voice, everyone was asleep. Looking at the cockpit you see the handle being controlled by Friday.

"I just want to say sorry," you raise a brow in confusion. "For stopping what you and Buck had... I was scared and selfish," knowing he was going to ramble on like he usually did with his apologies you hugged him tight; to the best of your abilities considering your wounds.

"I forgive you, I know you meant no harm," he carefully hugged back. "If it bothers you that much I'll stay away from Barnes-"

"No!" A few stirred in their sleeps making your brother repeat himself quietly. "No, just- that's why I wanted to add, I want you two to do the fondue again,"

"Stop saying fondue," he blushes and nods. "And... are you sure?"

"One hundred percent," you shift and hug him again.

"Thank you, Stevie,"

~~~

With the jet landing smoothly, thanks to Bruce who had taken control a half hour before, you were now tasked with getting off the jet.

"Nat, can you lend a hand?" Getting up you lean against the side of the jet as she shakes her head, holding up two duffle bags.

"Need help?" Asks Bucky.

"Oh, yeah, thanks," he places an arm under your shoulder for support, the other holding your hand carefully.

~~~

Settling yourself on your bed, Bucky places down your duffle bag. Bruce was quick to place down a medical kit for you to clean your wounds with.

"Thanks a lot, Doc," sarcastically grumbling as you picked up the medical kit.

"Want me to help?"

"That would be nice," he takes out a new bandage and cloth to clean the wound. As you take off your shirt Bucky averts his eyes. "Nothing you haven't seen before, Soldier," he blushes and unwraps the old bandage.

"Does it hurt?" You shake your head giving him the 'ok' to continue cleaning the wound. Holding back a wince or two, you watch as he keeps his eyes trailed on your torso.

"I heard you..." he halts his actions and looks up, his heart beat starts picking up its pace. If it wasn't so cold in your room a bead of sweat would have dropped down from his forehead. Putting his eyes back on the wound he asks for you to elaborate.

"H-heard what?" Rolling your eyes you push down his hand from the wound and lift his head.

"What do you think?" As he awkwardly laughs you could sense his nervousness.

"I didn't say anything-"

"Does 'I love you' ring any bells?" Bucky holds his breath. "Not exactly the way you wanted to break it to me right?"

"No..." doing your best, you stand up and hold onto him for support. Placing a kiss on his lips you feel the shock from his side until you both slowly melted into it. Pulling back, you kept your foreheads touching.

"You have nothing to worry about, because..." you plant another quick kiss on him before smiling.

"I love you too, Bucky,"

~~~

"Steven Barnes!" Your son continued to create a ruckus in the household, screaming as he chased the cat. "Bucky! Can you get your son to stop harassing the cat?!" Stirring the pot filled with tonight's dinner your husband walks into the kitchen and catches your son just as he passed.

"What are you doing, little guy?" Steven giggles as Bucky ruffles his hair. "You're driving your mother insane!"

"Alpine is bad guy!" Alpine gives an offended hiss.

"Don't be so mean to the kitty, Alpine is a good little cat," Bucky crouches down to caress the white furred feline. "See?" As the cat purred Steven took this as his chance to attack. A comical cat screech rang through the household making you flinch.

~~~

"Did you pack his bag for tomorrow?" Bucky nods just as he flopped down on the couch next to you. Staring at the shut off TV the reflection of snow cascading down brightened your mood. "That boy is tiring, and so are you,"

"Ok, I dropped my spoon twice, big deal, you love us both!" Your husband pulls you into his arms making you grin.

"I do love you two, but I love Alpine more-" Bucky scoffs making you chuckle. "I'm joking, who couldn't love sergeant James Buchanan Barnes and his trust worthy soldier Steven Samual Barnes?"

"Who indeed..." he places a kiss on your temple.

"Nearly forgot your newest soldier," he looks down at you with a confused face. "Rose Winifred Barnes, hopefully!"

"Winifred? As in my mother?-" after a few seconds of silence realisation struck him. "No-" holding up the test you could see joy overcome your husband, he scooped you up in his arms and spun you around. After a few silent yells of delight he places you down, giving a long soft kiss.

"I love you, Buck,"

"I love you more, Doll," he goes down to your stomach and kisses it. "And I love you, my little Winter time Rose,"

~~~

It took forever for me to find a way to incorporate the title into the book and I hope you liked it! However this is the end:

It took forever for me to find a way to incorporate the title into the book and I hope you liked it! However this is the end:.. I hope you enjoyed it! Do feel free to check out my other marvel books! See you soon my darlings!

- Anna ❤️