Chapter 40

86 hours

86 hours.

I haven't slept for 86 fucking hours.

I'd be lying if I said I was okay. Apart from looking like a zombie that dug his way out of his grave, my body felt incredibly weak.

My own breathing was completely unsteady and I was most likely gasping like an angry bull. Besides, my reaction time was much slower, while I couldn't concentrate on anything for even a second.

Instead, my thoughts took hundreds of different paths in only a single moment, most of them leading me to the thought of finally going to sleep.

But I did not allow myself to be overwhelmed by this need.
Even if it made me as emotionally unstable as a pregnant woman and I wanted to cry or get angry just by the slightest impact, I couldn't do it.

Panting, I continued to stare into the mirror of the school toilet while I splashed ice-cold water in my face, hoping that this would somehow keep me awake and alive.

I automatically reached for the coffee I had snatched from Jaemin's hand as he had walked past me in the hallway twenty minutes ago. The boy appeared to drink one every morning, with four shots of espresso in it, making it more bitter than a coffee bean itself.

No idea how his taste buds were still alive, but I wasn't complaining. That was exactly what I needed at that moment.

Not noticing, I already emptied the half full plastic cup before throwing it with sluggish hands, watching as it barely made it into the trash can.
If I had managed to make that throw, then I couldn't have been too bad... could I?

I slurped yawning out of the restroom and wandered through one of the many school corridors.
Here and there my body collided with that of another student, but I didn't have enough energy to show my apollgies or a reaction.

Deep insed I hoped that I wouldn't run into NCT or my friends. Some of the DRGNS had already been worried about me when they had noticed my odd state, but I had tried to calm them down as best I could.
Not that it would have worked, but I had ignored them anyway.

If I was honest, I had to admit that my own existence got on my nerves. But what could I do, it is what it is.

Like the last few days, I walked slowly into the cafeteria and picked up my food. I noticed again that Soyeon, Momo and Mina were sitting at a table with the seven boys, talking a little.
Momo seemed to get along quite well with Renjun and Chenle, while Soyeon still gave everyone a hostile and annoyed look.

If she wasn't worried about Momo, she would have turned to another table long ago. But her friend had to start making friends with the opponents, which is why she couldn't leave her alone.

Our moral principles forbade us dealing with the guys, but she probably had no other choice than watch over her and Mina.

I took one last look in the direction of my friends before I turned away and went to my hiding place instead. So there I ate my meal again, in peace and silence, as I waited for clock to finally show 2 pm.

Every now and then I found myself closing my eyes and in those brief moments I would grab the hair tie around my wrist and let it whip against my soft skin so that the instant pain would bring me back to reality. Without constant impact on my senses, I would probably pass out in this very second.

But even this minimal movement took up much of my remaining energy, so I was all the happier when the break finally came to an end.

I picked myself up at a snail's pace and wandered like an old woman towards the training room of my club. I was already a few minutes late when I finally slurped through the entrance, but to my surprise the room was completely empty.

Confused, I made a few steps further until I arrived at the changing room and entered it shortly afterwards. But again, there was a great silence here as well  which was only broken by my own heavy breathing.

Where the hell was everybody?

"Searching for someone?" a deep, familiar voice ripped me from my thoughts and I immediately spun around startled.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw only Lee Donghyuck standing in front of me, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

Wait, whats wrong with me? I actually should be anything but relieved to see his face.

I should feel my usual raging anger, the tingling sensation of hatred or anything at all, but I was already so tired that I couldn't even react properly to my surroundings anymore.

"Where are the others?" I spoke a little dazed and bit my dry lips.

Just talking made my head spin while I tried to keep my balance as best I could. My own body felt as heavy as a sack full of rice while my heavy eyes probably blinked more often than a minigun could shoot.

"Others?" he raised his eyebrow inquiringly as he watched me from head to toe and tilted his head.

"Funny," I rolled my eyes, wishing I hadn't. My head was practically on a roller coaster, shaking each of my senses up.

"Why is nobody here for training?" I asked my question differently now, so that the boy in front of me could finally understand.

But he only laughed in amusement and frowned, while he continued to pierce his gaze into the back of my head.

"You are aware that it is Thursday, aren't you? Training is on Mondays and Wednesdays, Captain."

Completely thunderstrucked, my own mouth fell open and a wave of confusion now wandered through every single nerve of mine, overwhelimg me so that I didn't even notice Donghyck's devilish emphasis on the word 'captain'.

Thursday? As if I didn't even remember what day it was...

"I, uh... uhm," I stammered perplexed as I staggered towards his direction with an empty head, only wanting to leave the room as soon as possible.

"Man, you really look like shit," he suddenly sighed, finally pushing himself off from the door frame and instead standing in front of t, now blocking the exit.

With heavy eyes I looked up at him as I was only a few steps away, trying not to fall asleep while standing in front of him.

"Let me through", I whispered weakly as my entire field of vision turned, hoping he would leave me alone just for a single time.

But as usual the boy remained true to his own nature and teasingly acted against my will.
He slowly let his gaze wander over my whole face with a slight smirk before licking his own rosy lips playfully.

"I've been looking for you all week, sunshine. I'm not letting you go that easily."

I'm so tired as well 😵 I should really work on some new chapters but I chould fall asleep right in this second Why can't there be more than 24h a day T_T

Why can't there be more than 24h a day T_T

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter😂 have a nice day😚