Chapter 24: Questions

Shinobu decided to pay Kazumi a visit again. She also received news about her taking in a new child again. The age of the child wasn't written in her letter so, she got even more curious. She knocked on the door and was met by a woman with a pink kimono.

"Hello there Mei-san." Shinobu greeted.

"Came here for a visit again Kocho-san?" Mei let Shinobu in closing the doors.

"Yes, is she here now?"

"Yes, follow me."

Mei led Shinobu to Kazumi's room, Mei knocked first.

"Master, Kocho-san is here." Mei announced after knocking.

"Please come in." Kazumi instantly replied.

She stopped writing on her journal then put it aside before Shinobu came in. She sat in front of Kazumi smiling at her.

"It's really nice to see you here Shino-san." Kazumi said.

"Yes, me too. I'm glad you're doing fine. I also read from your letter that you took in another child."

"Oh, the child. Yes, but she's not here, she's out for a while."

"Since when did you took her in?"

"Well.... more than three weeks ago. She's doing fine."

"Of course she is. She's under your care and is now living here at your estate."

They let out a slight chuckle until someone knocked on the door. Kazumi gave her permission to come in.

"I brought some tea and cookies for you two." Chiyo said holding a food tray putting it on Kazumi's table.

"Thank you Chiyo-san." Kazumi said.

As Shinobu look at Chiyo, she noticed something. She seem to have gotten fatter but only on the stomach.

"Chiyo-san, you seem to be getting fatter but only on your stomach. Is there something wrong?" Shinobu asked looking concerned.

"No, I'm fine Kocho-san." Chiyo answered rubbing her belly.

Shinobu suddenly got the answer and showed an expression of realization. She was shocked and happy at the same time.

"Chiyo-san.... you.... you're pregnant."

Chiyo just gave her a nod while smiling. Shinobu covered her mouth with her hands, she's really happy for her.

"C-Can I?" Shinobu asked reaching out her hand wanting to touch Chiyo's belly.

"Of course Kocho-san." Chiyo replied.

Shinobu slowly scoot closer to Chiyo before gently rubbing her belly. Kazumi could tell she's truly happy from the sound she makes.

'I didn't expect Shino-san to be so happy like this seeing someone pregnant.'
Kazumi thought while watching her.

"So, this is the thing you told me I should find out myself. This is a real surprise." Shinobu said looking at Kazumi.

"I suppose Chiyo-san's belly is still small for how long she has been pregnant." Kazumi replied putting an elbow on her desk resting her head on her hand.

"Eh?! Just how long has she been pregnant already?"

"It has been more than six months already Shino-san."

"You're really right." Shinobu looked at Chiyo's belly again.
"But as long as she's healthy and fine. I really pray for the baby to be born healthy." She glanced back to Kazumi.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤