73.

"Eric have your dinner", I looked at Nonna for a brief second and then looked away. They really think something would go down my throat right now!?

"Nonna I want to be left alone. Close the doors behind you."

I saw her keeping the dinner tray on the table, "Eat it!", and then left the room.

I picked up my abandoned phone once again to dial her number only for it to go on voicemail the hundredth time today.

I can't go to her apartments, even though I had the spare keys because I know this is not some silly couple fight between us. This is big.
I chose someone else over her.

But I know when she will read the reports she will understand why I did that. However, this isn't causing me to be scared a little less, because the way I saw her in the morning after she saw her mother, I wasn't sure if it was okay to leave her alone.

David strolled in my room, "I have arranged for the blood bank if in emergency we had to need it."

He sat beside me and eyed the food kept before us, "You didn't eat!?"

"David!? Should I go and check on her once?"

He shook his head, "Eric! We need to give her some time to process everything. Especially we both. If she will see me, she will think about this sudden relationship change between us. If she sees you, she will think about your fight! Right now, let her process that her mother is back!"

"But what if she starves herself or drived rashly to her place!? God!! What if she cries to unconsciousness!?", I pulled my hair in frustration.

"What if we ask the watchman to go and check on her once? Wait! James has his number!"

"We will be sending strange men to check on her!? Seriously?"

He groaned, "He is not a strange man! Last time I checked Erica gifted him a suit because in her absence, he keeps her apartment safe and makes sure it is cleaned by sending in maids! You told me this!!"

Okay! That was true.

"C'mon let's go!"

*

"Calm down both of you! He will call once he meets her."

We stared at the phone with concentration. Anytime it may ring.

"He wouldn't tell her we asked him to check on her?", asked mom.

Dad shook his head, "No! I know Seth from long. He understands our concern."

Just then the phone rang making me jump.

"Speaker James! Speaker!", David said.

"Hi James Sir. The kid is fine. She was looking tired but she asked me to send some stuff she ordered.", He said and that finally calmed my nerves.

"Anything else Seth. Her phone??"

"Yeah! I told her I was calling, and she said the battery is dead."

Liar! I was the one to pull her phone out of charge in the morning and it was full then. Her phone is going off since the time she left.

"Okay thank you Seth! It was a huge help."

"No worries Sir! Tell me if I have to check again. The kid is my responsibility!"

Everyone loves her. She is so kind hearted and genuine, I don't know how she even spares me a glance.

I heard Ms.Embrey sigh and turned to look at her. I am not so sure now about her relationship with Erica.
It's beyond repair.

*