9

(Omniscient)

Davanee couldn't face her mom so she left out for school early. It was the day after her and Ace found out that she was pregnant and she hasn't been able to tell her mom.

She knows she's gonna be upset and disappointed in her...maybe even kick her out but she wasn't ready for that to take place just as yet. She has to be ready first.

Passing by McDonald's, she made her way to school. She didn't wanna get breakfast because at the moment she didn't feel as if she could stomach anything. And she didn't want to waste her $30.

When she arrived, as usual she headed to the indoor cafeteria for breakfast. That was when she got a text message from Ace.

 That was when she got a text message from Ace

Nee🤍: I'm not hungry. Thx tho

Ace🪓: ima still buy u sumn

She kissed my teeth and inched closer to the table. She paused when she felt a wave of nausea hit. The smell of the school's breakfast didn't sit right with her at all. She did a full 180 and speed walked to the bathroom and immediately, she felt herself starting to salivate.

Barely making it there in time, she emptied her stomach in the schools toilet, hoping no one else was in there with her to hear her retching.

"Fuck," she whispered to herself when it seemed like she was done. She didn't waste time flushing the toilet to go wash out her mouth and wash her hands.

It couldn't have happened while I was home? She asked herself.

Soon after she left the bathroom and joined everyone at the table, Ace came with a big McDonald's bag in his hand.

He ain't say nothin to nobody, he simply went and sat next to Nee who had her head done.

"Damn foo, you forgot how to talk or sumn?" Jay asked him.

"Wassup," he in a quiet and dead tone. He wasn't in the mood today at all as you can tell. He was for real still tryna wrap his mind around the whole situation.

He had on a hoodie wit the hood up but this time, he didn't have a durag on.

"You aight?" He tapped on Davenee's shoulder.

When he didn't get an answer, he looked over at Nina who was sitting on the opposite side of her. "How long she been like this?"

"As soon as she came she put her head down..." Nina answers.

"And you ain't check to see if she was ok?"

"I asked her if she was ok and she said she was fine...What? There's something goin on wit her?" She had a slightly concerned look on her face. He didn't answer her.

"Wassup. You good? What's wrong?" Ace brought his mouth to Davanee's ear and and spoke in a low voice so only she could hear him.

"I feel sick..." she said in her soft voice.