Chapter 21: Period

I wake up in pain.

I try to ignore it and go back to sleep but I just can't.

Opening my eyes I see that I'm in Jaxons bed and he's sleeping right beside me. Turning my attention to the bedside clock I check the time and nearly cry at how early it is.

4:23.

What the actual hell.  I should definitely be asleep right now.

The horrible feeling in my stomach continues and I unravel myself from the sheets to go into the bathroom. In there I pin point the reason for my pain.

Mother fucking nature.

Groaning, I use toilet paper as a temporary solution before going back into the bedroom to grab the bag that I packed yesterday. I always keep stuff in my bathroom bag for situations like this.

After fixing myself up I hop back into bed to try and salvage the remaining couple of hours of sleep before I need to get up for school. Unfortunately, though, my ovaries won't allow that.

I toss and turn for a good half hour before deciding that the only thing that will help me in this situation is a hot water bottle. Only problem is I have no clue where Jaxon keeps them or if he even has any for that matter. I could always wake him up and ask but he looks so peaceful beside me, his lips are slightly pouted and his eyebrows aren't in their usual furrowed position.

He looks cute.

Anyways, back to my problem. I could always just look around for them. He probably keeps them in the utility room or the kitchen. And even if he doesn't, its still a good place to start.

Quietly getting up again, I tip toe to the door and successfully open and shut it without much noise. I decide to go to the utility room first but pause when I realise that I don't actually know where it is.

Just Great.

Huffing I walk towards the kitchen and have a look around, opening and closing cupboards as quietly as I can.

After looking in all of the lower and middle drawers I move onto the top ones, however these cupboards are so tall that even at my 5'8 height, I couldn't reach them. Climbing onto the work surface I reach up to open the first one.

"What are you doing?"

Startled by the sudden noise, my foot slips and I begin falling backwards. Squeezing my eyes shut I brace myself for the impact of the floor. Only it never comes. Opening my eyes I look up into Jaxon's blank face. He caught me.

How cliché.

I wriggle about and he puts me down.

"What were you doing up there? Its 5 in the morning" He asks me again, now pointing out the ridiculous time as if I hadn't noticed it myself.

"I was looking for a hot water bottle." I reply, unsatisfied by the fact that I'm still in pain and extremely sleepy.

"If you were cold you could've just laid on my chest, you didn't need to get up at this time." He says scrunching his eyebrows in confusion. I just glare at him.

"I'm not cold Jaxon, I'm in pain." I huff out. He scans me head to toe searching for injuries and stares at me questioningly when he finds nothing physically wrong with me.

I just roll my eyes at him, "I've got cramps."

His face immediately changes back to being blank. He walks around me and opens up a drawer, pulling out some tylenol. He then proceeds to get me a glass of water before holding them both out to me. Despite knowing that tylenol doesn't really help my cramp, I take them both anyway. Then only a few seconds later he turns and leaves back up the stairs without another word.