FIVE MORE MINUTES

Half an hour after Amber and Mike's fight and the whole group was at Hawkins middle making a sensory deprivation tank for Eleven.

Amber hadn't talked to the girl, or any of the group for that matter, opting to sit and be quiet, playing with her nails. She could feel Mike's glare on her practically the whole time, but couldn't care less. He deserved what he got, even if he didn't realise it.

Amber ended up sitting in her biology classroom while Joyce made Eleven a blindfold. She was sat in the back of the room, messing around with the microscopes the department had. She wasn't listening to Joyce and El talk, finding no need to.

She was mad at a lot of things, she always had been, but for some reason she was mad at herself for letting everything pile up for so long. She genuinely believed she had ruined everything for herself.

She had no family to trust or turn to when she properly needed help - it was her fault for pushing them away.

She had no proper friends she could tell everything to - it was her fault for not trusting people in the first place.

The girl she liked was scared of her and she'd made it worse by lashing out.

Oh, and she liked a girl. You can't like girls, she knew that, the world knew that. She'd seen how people treated gay people, she didn't want to be treated like that, she didn't want El to be treated like that, she could handle it, El couldn't.

She moved away from the microscope, opting to put her had on her arms that were leaning on the desk. She didn't like that she liked girls, she wanted to be normal. She should've pushed El away that night they were at the park, she shouldn't of let it get this far.

"Are you okay?"

Eleven.

Amber sat up slowly, seeing Eleven stood next to her, staring at the girl in worry. Amber stared at the girls face for a moment, she was so beautiful, her eyes holding similarities to those of a puppy, a little button nose... she was perfect.

Maybe she hadn't let it go far enough.

Amber nodded her head, standing up to be slightly taller than El again, "I'm okay, El," she nods her head, "I'm sorry about earlier... I just got upset and i got angry. I shouldn't have yelled."

"No," El shakes her head, taking Ambers hand. Joyce has left the girls alone, going to find Hopper, meaning it was just the two of them, they had privacy, "you should. I made you mad."

"El," Amber begins to shake her head, but El cuts her off.

"No. It's okay." El says to her simply, "I'm sorry too."

Amber sighed, staring at the shorter girl for a second, before bringing her in for a hug. El was significantly smaller than Amber, meaning they fit together like a puzzle piece, both of them just enjoying the hug.

They pulled apart slowly, El's arms staying around Amber's waist as Ambers stayed on the girls shoulders. They smiled at each other softly.

"Pretty," El whispered to her, making Amber giggle softly, before moving her face closer to a El's. El copied her movements, unable to keep the butterflies in her tummy at bay, and closed her eyes softly.

Amber stares at Eleven's face for a moment, she was so angelic, so gorgeous. Amber knew what she wanted now, she didn't care for consequences. She closed the gap herself, her eyes closing as her lips met El's, sighing softly as it happened.

It felt better than the first time, more official, more meaningful. Amber's hands moved from El's shoulders to her cheeks, cupping them softly as they kissed, before Amber moved back softly, only for El to let out a noise close to a whimper. Before Amber could say anything, El's face moved forward, connecting their lips again. Amber smiled into the kiss at El's actions, the girl clearly wanting her as much as Amber did.

"We should find the others," Amber whispered once they'd pulled apart. El nods, looking up at her as she moved her hands to Amber's wrists, her cheeks still being cupped by the taller girl.

"Five more minutes," El whispered, making Amber chuckle and bring their lips back together again, the butterflies returning quickly.

And Amber just knew she'd never get tired of the feeling.