𝟏𝟑 - 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

What was meant to be simply picking out an outfit turned into a full on styling session.

Padme had told me about her nieces and how she would always style them up in her extravagant clothes, I think a part of her enjoyed dressing me up so much because it reminded her of home.

We'd bonded over a lot of things actually, both coming from Naboo there was a lot to talk about.

"Padme isn't this a little much" I said looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was in several plaits that led up to a neat high ponytail, with another layer of hair loose underneath.

"a bit much? please you've obviously never been to a party" she called out from her walk-in wardrobe on the other side of the room.

"I'm not sure if you're aware but the Sith dont really fit into that crowd" I snapped back jokingly.

she emerged from the wardrobe with a huge smile on her face. In her hand she held a dress. a beautiful dress.

"this one" she said looking at me then back to it.

(a/n)

(a/n)

I imagine it being like one or a mix of these but really you can go crazy with your imagination

"it's- it's beautiful" I said "but really? how big is this event?"

"(y/n), the jedi haven't had much to celebrate about for a very long time. it doesn't happen often but when it does believe me their parties are huge, people wear extravagant clothes like this, believe me you'll fit in wonderfully"

Ambling over to her I took the dress, admired it for a second then stepped into her dressing room.

wasn't it only a few hours ago that I had specifically said I wouldn't be wearing anything that flows or has a skirt...so much for that.

Padme began a conversation with me, calling from outside of the dressing room door.

"so..how's training with Ani going?"

"Ani?" I responded confused at the use of the friendly nickname

"well yes, Anakin and I are...old friends, he was a childhood crush really." she chuckled "but dont worry, he's all yours"

I was a little thrown back by this remark "what do you mean all mine?" a slight harsh tone in my voice

"oh im sorry i didn't mean to impose, i just meant...well, have you seen the way he looks at you? you can practically see his face light up when you walk into the room"

I wasn't so sure this was an appropiate conversation to be having since the jedi code was very strict on no attachments, however that might have already been thrown out the window with the whole Zac situation from earlier.

I'd never spoken about feelings or at least this kind of talk with anyone before. There was never anyone to speak to back home and droids weren't the best companions.

"I- umm, I'm not sure what to say. Anakin and I are friends. Sure, there have been a few tension filled moments but I hadn't thought anything of it" I shrugged, lying. in fact I had thought a lot about it but I wasn't about to go into that.

I stepped into the dress and pulled it up round my midriff.

"well maybe you should think about it more" she continued

"no, i can't. you know the jedi code"

"hmm, forbidden love is the best kind though" I heard her tease from behind the closed door

I shook my head and laughed with her "well anyway, I'm going with Zac tonight"

"Zac? master Windu's padawn?" she asked.

"yes, he's nice, i guess"

after adjusting the dress a little, it fit perfectly. I had never paid much attention to myself in the mirror before but seeing my reflection now, like this, well it made me smile.

The dress hugged tightly around my waist then flowed, yes flowed outwards onto the floor. It was strapless and showed off much more skin than I'd shown before, whether this made me uncomfortable or not I wasn't sure.

I huffed and already my self saboteur was ordering me to take it off.

I pushed the door of the dressing room slowly, revealing myself to padme.

her eyes widened as she looked me up and down, not saying anything.

scanning her face i turned back round to the mirror, observing myself again "I knew it, I look hideous. what am i doing? i don't wear dresses, this is ridic-" but padme stood up and interuppted me calmly

"(y/n)...you look..wonderful" she grabbed me by my shoulders and looked me deep in the eyes

"i mean it ok? now come help me get ready" she said, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the wardrobe.