Be

(The song 'Heather' from Conan Gray would've been perfect for this one... and now I can play it.)

"I see" is the first thing Namjoon says. He sits down on my couch.
"So, um-I can explain" he quickly says. I cross my arms with an amused smile playing on my face.

"Would love to hear it" I simply say.
"You see-the thing is-it's complicated" he trips over his words.

"Not at all. You were super cool yesterday. I did not expect it from the two of you" I say excitedly. He looks at me with a look. A look that says he doesn't understand.

"I'm not angry at you. We all keep secrets. I'm just an idiot for not knowing such a big secret. I truly live under a rock" I say, looking at the floor. He quickly stands up.

"You're not an idiot. I was just too scared to tell you" he quickly says. I look up at him. He looks worried.
"You don't have to be scared of anything. You can tell me anything and I'll listen" I say. His face softens.

"I'm so sorry" he says with a sad look on his face.
"Don't be. I'm sure you would've told me eventually" I say with a slight smile. He looks at me with a slight smile.

"But don't worry. That's about as far as secrets go. I'm pretty sure you know everything else" he says, lifting up the mood.
"But you guys were amazing. I am so glad Jin invited me" I say.

"You know Seokjin from that cafe you get your iced-coffee from, right?" He asks.
"Smart" I simply say.
"No wonder the cafe looked so familiar. I picked Jin up once from there. He was running a bit late" Namjoon says, putting the pieces together.

"But I need to get to work, so lunch?" I ask as I take my place at my desk.
"You know it. You're the best" he says with a dimpled smile as he leans over my desk.
"I know. Now go do your job" I chase him away.

"Right. I'm outta here" he says and in a flash, he's gone. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I lean back into my chair as I stare into the ceiling.

I jump back to work once my brain started working again.

I hear a knock on my door after getting a few things done.
"Come in" I say, not looking up from my desk. I only look up once I hear the door opening.
"Hey" Yoongi says awkwardly.
"Hi" I say and carry on typing on my laptop. I requested for a laptop instead of a computer. A laptop is just easier to bring with me.

The sound of my typing is the only sound that fills the room.

"Do you need something?" I ask breaking the silence, looking away from my laptop.
He shifts to the front of my desk.

"It's been bothering me all day. I don't want us to be like this" he stares me dead in the eyes. He looks more tired than usual. Did he not get enough sleep?

"It's in the past" I say as I turn back to my laptop. The atmosphere turned heavy again.
"It's clearly not" he says.
"Are you ready to give me some answers?" I ask, looking back to him.
"Sure" he says slowly.

"I guess I'll take my break now then" I say as I quickly save what I was working on and shut my laptop.
I stand up begrudgingly and head over to Yoongi.

"Let's just get one thing straight, I was upset and pretty angry with you. Not because of your secret but because I thought we were friends and you don't even trust me enough to tell me anything" I say calmly.
"I admit that it was my fault that I didn't even know of BTS. I don't know how I could be so stupid but please forgive me" I say. It sounds like I'm apologizing to a coworker.

His eyes looked pained.

"I'll explain everything to you" Yoongi says with a tiny voice crack in the middle of his sentence.