Chapter 48: Atoning for Past Sins

You stayed with Bakugo, eventually falling asleep. He watched over you, being surprisingly kind and gentle. Todoroki and Midoriya watched from the camera system they had set up earlier, their jealousy growing. "This isn't fucking fair... he's just as much of a bastard as us," Todoroki growled, his hands twitching. 

Midoriya wasn't doing much better. "Well, then. If we want her to like us, then we have to try a different tactic." He muttered, drumming his fingers with rising intensity. Todoroki glanced at his short partner. "And what do you mean by that?" He asked. The green-haired devil sighed. "We have to play nice." He answered. 

~

The sound of Midoriya and Todoroki's footsteps sent a shiver down your spine. You clung to Bakugo, burying your face in his chest. He rubbed your back comfortingly, his face turning a light shade of pink. The door opened as the two other males stepped inside. You didn't dare to look at them, terrified that they'd still be mad.

"Princess? Can we talk?" Todoroki asked with surprising gentleness. You unburied your face, looking up at him hesitantly. He smiled. It wasn't cruel or sadistic. It was kind. "We wanted to apologize." He said softly. Midoriya nodded. "Todoroki and I realized our mistake. We shouldn't have treated you the way we did." 

You were surprised. They were... being nice? "We know that there's no real way we can make up for this, but we'd like to try. Maybe you'll forgive us someday." Todoroki said, his face showing slight regret and melancholy. You took a deep breath, not looking him in the eyes. He glanced over at Midoriya, who nodded. 

"You don't have to, of course. We understand if you still hold your grudge." Midoriya looked down shyly. Bakugo narrowed his eyes. He didn't trust the two at all. The two weren't acting anything like normal. They had to be up to something. You were hesitant. "If you r-really want to try and make it up to me... I won't stop you." You answered, not looking either in the eyes.

Midoriya and Todoroki seemed happy about your answer. "Thank you, butterfly. You won't regret this." Todoroki smiled, seeming relieved. You weakly smiled back. Of course, you didn't fully trust them. You didn't think you ever would. "If we're going to do this right, we can't lock you in this room anymore. Why don't we go down to the living room?" The tall male proposed, offering you his hand.

You took Todoroki's hand, getting up. Both of you headed toward the living room, Midoriya and Bakugo not too far behind. The ash-blonde grabbed the green-haired devil by the collar, shoving him up against the wall. The tallest male simply continued on his way, not hearing the commotion.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" Bakugo whispered venomously, growling at Midoriya. The green-haired boy seemed intimidated, but it didn't last long. "We're just trying to be nice." He answered. The ash-blonde growled, tightening his grip on the smaller boy. "Tell me the truth." He demanded.

Midoriya stared back at Bakugo. "I am." He responded with full confidence. The red-eyed boy pushed the green devil against the wall even harder. "Stop fucking lying to me. I know you two are up to something." He growled with a harsh glare. The small boy giggled. "And you're not? Please, Kacchan. Don't act like you're so innocent." He spoke, shoving the tall ash-blonde off of him.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a doll to take care of." Midoriya turned and left the hallway without a second glance at Bakugo. The tall boy growled, but followed. It was best to watch for now. Todoroki stood in the living room, cupping your cheek sweetly. The ash-blonde's hands twitched as he leaned against the wall, trying not to be too mad.

"I know what I've done is irreversible, but regardless, I want you to know that I do love you. You're my everything. I'm glad you came into my life." Todoroki praised, staring down at you lovingly. You blushed, shyly moving your gaze to the ground. You were still mad at him, but you were also deathly terrified of him, so you kept your mouth shut.

"He's right, you know. Doll, you're the best thing that's ever happened to us." Midoriya chimed in, smiling sweetly. Bakugo lowly growled from where he was standing, but didn't say anything. "If there's anything you want us to do, anything we can do to make it up to you, just say the word." The green-haired boy offered, averting his gaze.

A spark of hope ignited within you. "Not quite anything. You know there are some things that we just can't do, princess." Todoroki interrupted your thoughts. There had to be restrictions. You nodded, showing that you understood. "R-Right..." You trailed off, feeling a wave of melancholy washed over you.

This was definitely going to be interesting.

~

"We have to do it now."

"N-Now? Wait, who m-made you the boss?!"

"I never said I was. I'm just saying that'd work best if we wanted to get my teammates back. They're all too distracted with (Y/N)."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"F-Fine then, we'll do it now."