Team Avatar

Y/N's POV
I sat in my bed, staring at the ceiling with tears rolling down my face.

I couldn't trust anyone anymore.

My so-called parents lied to me, no wonder I felt like such an outcast, no wonder I constantly needed to prove myself- I'm not even from the Fire Nation. I'm not who I thought I was.

I grew up thinking that there was something wrong with me, why was I born into the Nation of the superior element but then was cursed with water bending? Why?

I wasn't even born into this nation... I don't even belong here...

My parents lied to me. They told me that the day I was born was the best day of their lives, they weren't even there.

I can't trust anyone.

Everyone lies.

Everyone is a liar.

I trusted Zuko, I gave up everything for him and what did he do? He left me.

How foolish was I to ever think that people could care about me?

My birth parents? If they cared why am I here? Why was I put in an orphanage? Didn't they want me? Was I that much of a disappointment?

I've spent my whole life trying to live up to who my father is, the great General Zorian of the Fire Nation, I've worked my butt off day after day, I've mastered a countless arts of weaponry, my hand to hand combat skills are impeccable, I am probably the best interrogator in the country and not that it matters, but I learned how to water bend from the moon.

But now I don't see what the point is, I'm not from the Fire Nation, I'm not a part of their great civilisation. I'm inferior... I'm from the Water Tribe.

Zuko's POV
Avatar Aang and his friends turned to face me,

"Hello, Zuko here."

They all held their stances ready to attack me so I continued,

"Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there so I thought I'd just wait for you here."

The bison roared in my face before licking me, soaking the entire right side of my body. Kinda gross.

"I know you must be surprised to see me here."

Sokka responded,

"Not really, since you've followed us all over the world."

"Right... well, uh... Anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed and I, uh , I'm good now and, well, I think I should join your group. Oh, and I can teach fire bending... to you."

Avatar Aang lowered his staff and softened his expression slightly as I continued,

"See, I, uh..."

The little earth bending girl, interrupted me,

"You want to what now!?"

Then Katara added,

"You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are?"

Then Sokka chimed in,

"Yeah, all you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang."

I argued,

"I've done some good things! I mean, I could've stolen your bison back in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something!"

The little earth bender girl then said,