Chapter Sixteen

"Scott can be very persuasive when he wants too. Right Emily?" Sean's grey eyes glanced at me from the rearview mirror.

"Yes," I glared at Scott's head.

I was on the back of the black Escalade that Sean was driving. After I got in, Scott walked to my mom and let her know that I was coming with them for some time. My mom, after leaving for a few minutes, and as smugly as always, gave Scott a small duffel bag with some necessities if I decided to stay the night.

Thanks, Mom, I thought bitterly.

Not because I wasn't excited about spending the night at Scott's Palace, which I, obviously wasn't one bit excited...but because it was pretty embarrassing.

Especially that devilish smirk that my mom was sporting as she handled the bag to Scott.

"So, what are you planning to do?" Sean asked amused and smirking.

GOSH.

"We're horse-riding," Scott answered absentmindedly looking outside the window.

As excited as I was, I was worried about it...

"Is it safe?" I asked Sean.

"Yes, Emily. All the grounds near the palace are safe. Don't worry." He smiled at me while he continued driving.

Obviously, Sean had a different concept of safety than me.

I was getting really worried. I was hoping that Snow was a really smart horse that wouldn't get lost or smacked into a tree.

At least, smarter than her rider...

Sean rolled down his window when we arrived at the palace. He nodded and waved to a chubby red haired guard. Instead of driving to the garage, he kept driving to the stables, where, surprisingly, the lights were on.

Why was I surprised, anyway? I'm pretty sure that Scott had called before.

He parked next to the stable's doors. "Have fun, guys!" He got off the car and opened my door smiling confidently at me.

"It is safe, Emily," he said reassuringly.

Yeah, obviously we thought differently on the matter. Still, I tried to smile at him, even though I was a wreck inside.

Scott walked beside me. "I won't let you smack into a tree, Em," he whispered by my ear stopping to let me go through first.

How did he know?

My eyes widened and Scott tilted his head watching me curiously. A second later, he burst out laughing. "You are really worried about that!"

Scowling, I left him behind and walked towards Snow. It was such a beautiful horse. I stood there admiring it for a few seconds.

Since there was no one else on the stables, Scott had to get ready the horses. He didn't mind, though. He looked really happy doing it; he was even humming one song. I watched his every move and although I wasn't stalking him, because that's so not me, I did get a glimpse of the way his muscles bended and showed when he got to carry the heavy equipment.

Yummy...

When he finished, he smiled at me and helped me get on the horse. He got on his and as the horses moved outside, he turned to me and in his most serious voice he said, "Stay close to me. You never know what could be following you." His chocolate eyes looked to the sides before winking at me. He turned around and kicked his horse. In no time, he was galloping towards the darkness. And I was left alone pretty much gaping at the spot he was seconds ago...

Wait. What did he mean by something could be following you?

My mind took some time to register that he was just messing with me. When I finally did, I narrowed my eyes. Sadly, it had pretty much no effect on him whatsoever. One, because he was nowhere to be seen and two, it was too dark for him to see my face.