44 - Trying

Suddenly, it was March. Ginny and Harry's wedding was in just a few days. Ginny couldn't wait for it to be here, Harry couldn't wait for the aftermath of the wedding.
Hermione just wanted it to get here so that meant it was closer to her wedding with Draco.
Ever since Alexandria had left...things had been utterly perfect between the pair.
It was almost weird how calm things had been. Draco has been the perfect gentlemen.
Hermione figures he was making up for being a total piece of shit last month with Alexandria.
He had even planned a date for them tonight. It was very out of character for Draco and Hermione almost missed the old Draco from their younger years.
Sometimes he seemed false or like he was trying too hard.
There would be a talk tonight.

\\~//

It was a quiet day today and Draco was thankful for that.
He was busy trying to be the perfect fiancé for Hermione.
He knew there was loads of pressure leaning on Hermione as the bride and he was trying to not be difficult.
She had her plate full like usual and he didn't want to add onto it. That was the least he could do after everything he put her through in the last month.

Basically he was being everyone but himself.
It was tiring.
He was tired.

Thankfully it was a Friday and Draco had finished all of his classes for the day.
All but running to their room, he quickly cleaned a bit to make sure it wasn't cluttered - Hermione hates when he left the room a mess.
After casting a quick cleaning charm, he falls into their bed and goes straight to sleep.
He never slept well in the first place but now he was about to get married...which just added to the horrid sleeping habit he already had.

For the first time in a long time, Draco dreamt instead of having nightmares.

There Draco was, standing at the end of an aisle. Waiting for his soon to be bride.
Miraculously, as Draco looked at their wedding guests, he quickly finds the same blonde hair he got from his mother and father.
Why or how they were there he had no idea. But they were there, which meant they approved.
Their approval meant everything to him...at least it used to.
Beside him was his best friend, Blaise Zabini and shockingly,Harry Potter. On the other side of him stood Ginny Weasley and Pansy Parkinson as his fiancées bridesmaids.
They all wore the same matching shade of emerald green.
Finally, after what seemed like ages, Hermione and her father waltz down the aisle to come to their stopping place before Draco.

\\~//
Hermione stalks into her and Draco's room...exhausted.
After her classes she went straight to help Ginny with the last of her wedding details and some work on her and Draco's wedding that was swiftly approaching.
After setting her things down and taking her sweater off, she immediately notices Draco asleep on the bed, muttering a few words.
Smiling, she goes to sit on the bed next to him, trying to understand what he was muttering.
Vaguely, she heard the words, 'pretty' followed by"I Do."
Smiling, Hermione strokes his hair, realizing he must be dreaming about their wedding.
Cute.
Instead of waking him up, she decides to just lay down and take a nap with him, she deserved it.

So there they lay, nothing bothering them for once, having a nice quiet afternoon nap.

For once, everything was well.

\\~//
Groggily, Draco sits up and realizes Hermione was laying nearly on top of him, sound asleep.

Smiling, he lays back down, not wanting to disturb her, knowing she needed to sleep.

Draco laid there, unmoving for nearly two hours while Hermione slept.

His thoughts drifted from what he had dreamt about, to classes, to their future together, even to their future child.