46.

Avantika had been unconscious for more than two month.
The happy day of her wedding had turned into a horror story, when a maid came rushing to Inayat begum.

She informed her about finding Avantika lying on the floor with head bust oozing blood.

Haider and Abhishek had quickly rushed to the harem with the ladies in tow.

A word had been sent to the medic who had been quickly brought it. He had helped in stopping the bleeding and applied medicine on her wound from preventing infections, but he said that was all the help he could give.

The first few days were tough, Abhishek stayed by her side every second of the day. As her fever subsided and her condition stabilised the Hakim had assured them that she would live and probably wake up soon.

•••

For Meera the past few months had been a roller coaster, from losing the will to live to finally start living again, Meera too in a way had moved on.

She no longer was restricted to her room, no longer did she cower in the fear of being judged or pitied on.
She had already faced the worst life could give her, she had nothing more to loose.

"Malika are you ready ?" Hania said entering Meera's bedroom.

"Almost." Meera said quickly running the kohl pencil along her water line. She placed the small bindi on her forehead and took a small pinch of vermillion and placed it deep into her hair partition.

"You look beautiful." Hania said.

"I look alright." Meera laughed draping her dupatta.
Meera had given upon the royal way of living, all those trunks of heavy jewellery and clothes now just lay in some corner of her chamber, she found comfort in plain cotton clothes.

"So ?" Hania said smiling widely.

"So what ?"

"So how are you doing today." She asked with a childish smile on her face.

"Stop asking me how I'm doing every two hours Hania." Meera said rolling her eyes. She made her way down towards the west wing.

"Is it really necessary to go there every morning."Hania grumbled as she followed Meera.

"Yes it is." Meera said pushing the door open to Avantika's room.
The maid who looked after Avantika sprang up from the small stool by the bed side and curtsied.

"You are a couple of minutes late today Malika." The maid said smiling her.

"Am I ?" Meera said looking at the girl who was barely fifteen.

"Yes. But just a couple of minutes." The girl said with a broad smile.

"Well apologies then. Did Avantika complain about my late arrival." Meera asked. "Did you Avantika." She said taking a seat on the stool and holding Avantika's hand in hers.

"Why don't you complain Avantika, why won't you ?" Meera sighed.
"Just wake up already. We all miss you little one. They say Abhishek Bhaisa has aged years in the last two months and your friends keep asking about you too, how long are you going to sleep my darling ?" Meera said placing a kiss on the back of her hand.