1

I mainly wrote this book for fun but you guys were interested! I hope you like this, it's my
first time writing something Rick related! 💓

Special thanks to my good friend Allie_Lyn for helping me out with revisions and ideas! If you like TVD/TO, TWD, Harry Potter, check her out! She's an amazing writer and friend. ❤️

Also the word "Daddy" will be used a lot since Aurora is a daddy's girl, she loves Rick a lot. I WILL FIGHT YOU IF YOU SEXUALIZE IT 😤🥰❤️

As always, i hope you enjoy. I love you. ❤️

<<•~•~•~•~•~•>>

Name: Aurora Marie Grimes

Nicknames: Rory, Rora

Face Claim: Amelia Zadro

Age: 15
(High school freshmen, soccer player)

~Aurora's Pov~

"Alright babies." I opened my eyes at the sound of my mom's voice. I clicked my tongue and looked over to see it was 7:00am. "No." I said to myself and tossed in my bed, hugging my pillow and closing my eyes again. "Time to get up! Cmon!" She called out and knocked on my door. I sighed and started falling asleep again.

"Aurora seriously cmon! You two are gonna be late!"

I opened my eyes and jumped at the sound of my mom's voice. She knocked on the door. "Okay!" I called out and got out of bed to see it was 7:05 am now. At least I got 5 more minutes of sleep. I sighed and started getting ready. "I don't wanna hear it Rick." I heard mom's voice as I slipped on my shoes. They've been going through a rough patch lately, having fights. I brushed my hair and stepped out of my room to hear their bickering coming from the living room. I went to the kitchen to see Carl eating cereal.

"Good morning." He said and grabbed another spoonful of cereal. "Hey," I said, grabbing a bowl and spoon for myself. I sat down at my seat and poured myself some cereal and milk. "Mom's gonna pick you up today okay? I have practice." I said. He nodded eating cereal. I started eating too, Carl and I's schools aren't that far apart. I walk him and sometimes pick him up. His school is about 10 minutes from the house and my school is another 10 minutes from his school. Mom and Dad's bickering became louder as they approached the kitchen. "Lori-" "No." Mom said cutting him off. Carl and I looked at them. "Sometimes i wonder if you even care about us at all." Mom said. Dad stared at her not saying anything then he looked over to both Carl and I. Mom did too. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Um- Go get your backpack. Brush your teeth." i said and got up grabbing our half eaten plates of cereal. Mom ran her hand through her hair and walked away from us.

Carl got up and headed to his room. I put our plates in the sink then grabbed us some snacks before we left. I brushed my teeth and got my things too. "Here, in case you get hungry." I said tossing him a snack. He caught it. "Thank you." he said. I nodded. "Alright cmon let's go." I said we made our way out of the house.

~~~

I heard a honk from behind me. I turned around and saw my dad. He pulled up next to me and I got in the car with him. "You're gonna be late." I said. "I know. It's alright." he said as he started driving. I put my backpack on my lap and put my seat belt on. "What your mom said this morning. You know it's not true." He said. I nodded a bit. "I know.." I said softly looking out the window. "Do you?" He asked. "Of course I do." I said looking over to him. He looked over at me too just for a second then he looked back at the road. "Carl didn't have to hear that though.." I said. "I know." he said, I looked back out the window. "Why's she mad at you?" I asked. He shook his head, "I don't know. Been trying to figure that out myself. We'll work it out.." he said

I nodded a bit too. They've been fighting for a while. I've tried getting mom to open up to me about it but she dodges the question every time I ask so i just dropped it. "I hope so.." I said. "We will. Don't worry.. We have to." He said and pulled up to my school. "Alright, have a good day sweetheart." He said, I leaned in and kissed his cheek. "You too daddy." I said softly and got out of the car. "Love you." I said looking at him. "Love you too." He said with a smile. I smiled back at him and closed the door.

~~~

"Aurora?" I looked up from my paper and looked over to the teacher, "You're going home," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit looking at the time. It was 2:02 pm. School was almost out, I don't know why my mom was pulling me out. I grabbed my things, "Ugh, lucky." One of my friends said. I giggled. "Bye." I said.

"See ya,"

"Bye."

"See you tomorrow." They all said. I sat up and went to the office to see my mom talking with someone at the office. "Hey." I looked over to see Shane. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back to the office thinking I'd see my dad but I didn't. Carl was here though and he had this look on his face too. "Is my dad here?" I asked, looking over at Shane. He looked away and wiped his mouth quickly then looked at me holding his arm out towards me. "Come 'ere.." He said holding his arm out, I walked over to him and he put a hand on my arm leading me outside. "What about my mom and Carl?" I asked.

"She'll be right out." He said as we kept walking. I looked at him. "What's going on?" i asked, something was wrong, he was acting strange and the look on my mom's face in the office- something was definitely up. "We just gotta get you home alright?" He asked. "No. Stop. Tell me now. What's wrong." I said. I said as I stopped walking and pushed his arm away from me. "Auro-" "Now Shane." I said shaking my head. He looked away from me for a second, "There was- there was an accident today.." he said putting his hands on his hips then he looked down at our feet. I swallowed the lump in my throat feeling my heart drop to my stomach.

My thoughts immediately went to my dad.

"My- my dad- my dad??" I asked as my voice shook. He looked at me hesitantly and put a hand on my shoulder again. "Stop- My dad. Is it my dad?" I asked, feeling like a pressure on my chest, I felt like I couldn't breathe. "He got shot." He said. My breath caught in my throat. I looked away with my eyes, feeling chills all over my body and vision went blurry slightly. "Oh-" I said softly and swayed a bit, feeling sick to my stomach and dizzy. He acted quickly, "Whoa- whoa." He said putting his hands on my arms.

I grabbed his arms too for support. "Is he-" I asked as tears welled up in my eyes. I looked at him. "Is he dead? Is he dead? Is he-" I cried a bit. "No- no. No. No. He's in surgery. He's in surgery right now." He said as I caught my breath. I looked at him as a tear fell. "He's in surgery. At the hospital." He said as my mom and Carl ran quickly over to me as they saw me stubble a few seconds ago. "I'm gonna take you, Carl and your mom there right now. Do you understand?" He asked. I cried a bit and nodded.

My dad was shot.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I asked. "I don't know.." He said. I felt my heart break and I covered my mouth crying more. He pulled me into him and I started crying more feeling my heart race. "Oh baby.." I heard my mom's voice and a hand on the back of my head. She kissed my head and Carl hugged me from the side feeling scared.

Word count: 1296

Another special thank you for the people supporting me on posting this and supporting my work in general

Another special thank you for the people supporting me on posting this and supporting my work in general. You know who you are. I love you immensely. ❤️