Chapter 13

Enjoy!

Present-

Next morning there was a chaos in the house as guests was starting to come from today. The males of the house were sitting in living room distributing respective works among each other when Rehman sahab came with happiness on full display on his face.

"Ye lijiye bhai mu mitha kijiye."
He said coming towards them.

Ahmer at once took the box from him and the boys began to fight as to who will get more sweets.

"Kis khushi me bhai?" Shahana begum asked curiously.

"Apni Hoor ka rishta pakka kar aye hai ham". He informed with beaming face.

Everyone froze in the living room. Ahmed who was extending his hand to snatch the piece of sweet from Azhar didn't took a second to retreat his hand. Haider, Hamza & Ali who were hell bent on taking equal pieces went dead silent. Ahmer who had a sweet in his mouth couldn't gulp it down.

And Zaydan, he couldn't even blink. He went stone in his place. He suddenly remembered look on Hoor's face last night. Now he understood why was she looking devastated. Without saying anything he got up and left the house.

Composing themselves everyone smiled at Rehman Khan. He didn't even wait for their greetings and went in to inform his wife.

Shahana begum looked at his grandson's retreating figure. She didn't knew what to say. All the boys went silent contemplating on only one thought 'why was they affected by the news. It was not like she would stay here for forever.' But the girl had made her space well in everyone's heart.

Junaid Jahangir. How much he had dreamed about making her his daughter in law. They were going to present the proposal after Mirha's marriage but how luck has trolled them. He at once remembered his wife. How devastated she would be after hearing this news. Not wanting to think about the possibilities he went to his room.

Hoor's father entered the small living room made for ladies. He beamed at his wife who immediately knew the reason of his happiness. He looked at his daughter who was sitting beside Rukhsar begum with proud & teary eyes.
"Ye lijiye aunty mu mitha kijiye." Hoor's sister Haniya came to everyone with sweets. Hoor looked down not wanting to witness the scene unfolding in front of her.

"Kis chiz ki mithai hai bhai?" Rukhsar asked confusely while packing Mirha's jewellery.

"Abbu Hoor ka rishta pakka kar aye hai." Rukhsar went stoic in seconds. She looked shocked at them then at Hoor who was now in her khala's and mother's embrace taking blessings. She didn't knew what to say. After coming back from the shock she meekly congratulated Hoor's mother and stood up not wanting to witness anything anymore.

"Aye hayee rishta pakka bhi ho gaya or hame khabar bhi na mili." Fajar teased her at last.

Hoor looked at her with teary eyes. Fajar instantly hugged her tightly. "I will miss you." Fajar don't knew why she didn't wanted her to go from this house.
All the ladies went to greet the males outside leaving the girls alone.

"Ap aise kaise kisi se bhi shadi kar legi. Mai aisa nhi hone dugi!" Safiya exclaimed. They were not ready to accept that she was not living here for forever. Reality kicked them hard without any warning.

Mirha looked at Hoor with longing expression. How much she wished to address her as 'bhabi'. Shaking her thoughts away she got up and hugged Hoor not knowing when tears started forming in her eyes.

Hoor couldn't take this much attention. She was panicking now. She didn't know what to do or how to react. She wasn't ready for this. But one look at her parents faces and she knew even if it will swallow her whole being she will do it for her parents happiness.