Chapter 1~ He's awake!

~Zane's P.O.V.~

I felt a throbbing pain in my head, and the rest of my body felt sore and stiff. I tried opening my eyes to be blinded by a bright white light hitting my eyes. I let out a groan, and then heard people start calling...doctors?
What? What's going on? Am I in a hospital?

I heard an unforgettable voice next to me quietly say, "Zane..?"
I knew immediately it was my mom, so I turned to her.
"M-mom?" I said in a rough tone. It made my head hurt and my throat felt sore and dry, as if it hadn't been used in weeks.

"ZUZU!" She shrieked making my headache worse. "Oh my baby! You're awake!" She held my arm and tears streamed down her face. I saw her wave over a doctor. "Mom, what happened?" I coughed out roughly. She looked back at me with sympathy in her eyes and mumbled, "You don't remember?" She said softly.
I looked at her, confused. "I-" But I got cut off by a doctor who started asking me questions about how I physically and mentally felt.
"How does your head feel?"
"It hurts?"
"How so?"
"I have a headache..?"
"How does the rest of your body feel?"
"Sore."
"Do you remember what happened?"
"No?"
The doctor scribbled notes on a clipboard and nodded and left the room, waving my mom to follow him.

She kissed my head and waved a small 'see you soon' wave.
And just like that, I was left alone with my thoughts. At least, until I fell asleep.

~2 hours later~

Garroth's P.O.V.

Finally, another hard school day over with. It's hard knowing my baby brother is in the hospital between a thin line of life and death.
I was supposed to protect him.
If it weren't for-
"Hey, Garroth!" I heard Laurence call. I knew he was coming up to my locker, so I responded, "Hey..." without looking up from my locker. "Do you want to hang out at the park later today...?" He asked slowly and cautiously.
I thought about it for a second.
Maybe it'll help keep my mind off of what happened.... but Pea...
"Fine." I decided. "But as long as Vylad can come." I said looking at him straight in the eye.
He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Of course!" I gave him a small side-smile back.
I can't believe I'm trying to have fun while Zane's in the hospital hurting and afraid...

We walked out of the school and waited by the water fountain for Vylad and shortly after he showed up. I told Vylad we were going to the park, and we all decided it was a good idea to stop home and get changed first.
So, me and Pea walked home another day without our Zane.

When we got changed and sat on the couch waiting for Laurence to text saying he was ready, my mom came bursting inside with tears in her eyes. I couldn't tell if they were happy or sad tears, which made me nervous.
"Mom, what happened?" Vylad asked running to our mother. "Its Zuzu..." She spoke and I tensed up. "Wh-what about him...?" I said trembling. "He... He woke up..." Mom said out if breath.
I turned to Vylad and then back at our mom. "W-wait... He is?!" I asked shook.
She looked at us and smiled while nodding her head.
"Can we see him?" Vylad asked quietly.
"Yes, boys. Get in the car." She said.

I texted Laurence telling him everything, and he understood.
This is really happening. Its finally the day he wakes up. I get to see my baby brother...awake again.
I'll make sure he stays safe this time. I won't fail. I will protect them with everything I have. This won't happen again. I won't fail this time.

"I'm coming baby brother."

~Hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry its short and probably terrible, ;3
If anyone's reading this please let me know if you would like me to continue this! I am new so feel free to give me tips and ideas! (That is if anyone reads this)

That's it for now! <3