Chapter Forty-Seven

NOVA WATCHED THE BROTHERS FIGHT. Side by side, forgetting what problems held them back beforehand. Nova realized she finally accomplished what she set out to do, create a mutual understanding between the two. Force them to put their differences aside for one moment and work together rather than against. Little did she know, it wasn't the battle that brought them together. It was who they were fighting for. And for the two brothers the answer was simply Nova.

The girl listened as metal on metal clashed. The gleaming green Loki with daggers slicing into his enemies neck. The mighty god Thor with a permanent scowl on his face, smashing his hammer against the wall of dark elves. The scene was truly tragic. Watching two brothers fight viciously to keep their kingdom from burning to ashes.

It was poetic almost. That the thing that brought the two troubled brothers together would also be their undoing.

Nova felt guilty for a moment. She wondered if Thor never stopped fighting in New York to save her would his life look different? He would have returned to Asgard immediately with his brother by his side. He would have his throne. He would have his kingdom. But Nova believed that just wasn't the way things were written. Their love may not have been written in the stars, but Nova sure felt like it was fate.

Time felt nonexistent while watching the battle. A dark elf swung his blade at Thor's abdomen, the force of it causing him to lose balance. The god barely had time to contain himself as more dark elves circled them. Pillars crumbled around them. The gold light once bouncing off the kingdoms walls was gone.

When a blade struck Thor in the arm, Nova made a choice. She could no longer stand back and watch the man she loved struggle. Her mind didn't stop to think as her feet carried her straight into the battle. A blade swung past her ear as she continued her march forward. She could've sworn she heard Thor's frantic voice in her head but the words felt muffled. By the time she reached him her hand was on his. She could feel his last bursts of energy sucked into her body. The electricity surged in her veins sparking at the touch. When the next Dark Elf raised his sword to her.. she let go.

The strike of lightning jolted straight out of her chest, lifting her into the air. The light was so blinding she lost track of how many elves it struck down. All she remembered was opening her eyes to bodies spread out around her, the smell of burning flesh in the air. She had no time to think about it as the enemy still continued forward.

A Dark Elf was an arm's width away when she pushed her arm against him and let the electricity fry his brain. Another was forced down upon by Loki's blade.

Nova Lee almost didn't feel the motion behind her. The force pushing her forward. She failed to notice until the blade was retracted from her back. It happened so quickly so had no time to react. She stood for a moment on wobbly legs meeting Thor's eyes. She would never forget the look in those blue orbs as the blade was plunged into her chest from behind. Grief. As if he had just watched his whole world crumble.

She didn't know what happened after that. Her face hit the dirt.

Thor definitely spoke in her ear then, she even felt his electric touch on her arm. But she was numb. Her eyes couldn't even form tears when Thor carefully flipped her over. Her head rested on his knee, but she still couldn't see him properly. Nova's vision was fading along with her mind.

The last thing she remembered was seeing Thor let out a pained screamed, thunder bursting from his body in all directions, before Nova saw black.

How wonderful Nova thought, to fall in the hands of love.

———

just gonna leave this here .. 🤭