Chapter 23

Hey there!

If you've forgotten what happened, read the last couple of chapters again to get in the feels.

Comment as you go please ❤ and I love y'all.

Hope you enjoy. 💕💕
_________________________________________

"What are you doing?"

"Booking a ticket to Boston."

"Okayyyy." Sean dragged the word, as his eyes skimmed over the website Kaycee was on. "And why are you booking one?"

"Because only I'm gonna go."

Sean didn't speak for a moment. Then, without a warning, he grabbed Kaycee's hand, which was on the mouse, with his left hand and quick as flash, he use his right hand to change the quantity number from 1 to 2.

Kaycee's eyes widened. Annoyed with him, she wriggled under his grasp.

"Sean I swear to god, you are not coming with me-"

Sean clicked on the 'Book flight' button.

Turning smugly towards her, he said with a grin, "Sorry, you were saying something?"

Kaycee, annoyed with him and his antics, huffed and snatched the laptop from his hands, grumbling under her breath. Her eyes were searching for a cancel tickets button or a go back button but the only thing flashing on the screen was,

Flight booked! Have a nice flight.

"Sean! You can't come with me. Cancel your ticket please." With her increasing frustration, her voice was becoming high-pitched.

"Give me one good reason why."

"Your family needs you. You can't leave Miya and Cheuk and Serris and Sarah in this condition. I would not too if I had the choice."

Sean rolled his eyes. "Not this again. I've said it before too, my family needs me but they would also bury me alive if I let you go there alone. And I can't leave you alone either. What if what happened at the bar happens again?"

This perked Kaycee's attention. "What happened at the bar?"

Wait...

"Y-You don't remember it?"

"No. Everything's blurry in my mind. I remember you coming to pick me up. But that's all."

Finally Sean understood. No wonder she didn't bring up the topic. For days, he thought it was because she did not want to open up to him for it. Or because she was still scared. Not wanting to push into anything she did not want, he kept silent too.

"N-nothing. Forget about it. I was talking about you being drunk and talking rubbish to strangers."

But Kaycee wasn't convinced. "What are you-"

"I was saying that mom told me not to leave you alone with your parents." Sean loudly cut her off. "I don't know what she meant by that, though"

The change was instantaneous. Kaycee's eyes widened at first with surprise as she looked up at him but on seeing his gaze lock with here, she looked down, avoiding eye contact, fidgeting.

As she fiddled with her fingers, "Did she... did she say why?"

This short exchange confused Sean at first. When his mom told him not to let Kaycee put out of his sight and make sure she's always with someone, he shook it off not thinking much of it.