Chapter Forty Four- Observation

Karasuno ended up going to watch the other match. The winner of it would be their next opponent in the semifinals.

The team watched intently as Dateko, and Aoba Johsai faced off. Seijoh had already one the first set, and they were in the lead by two points in the second set so far.

Tanaka, Noya, Hinata, and Kageyama began scarfing snacks, making (Y/n) laugh. "Don't eat so much. You're going to throw up." She said.

Everyone was now sitting in the stands, and (Y/n) noticed that Dateko had a new player on their team. In her opinion, he resembled an angry bird.

  Seijoh earned another point, and their player number three went to serve the ball. The player (Y/n) noticed before, turned out to be Dateko's setter.

  Hinata seemed to have noticed as well, watching as the player set the ball insanely high. "Woah! Kageyama did you see that?!"

  Kageyama nodded, while everyone on Karasuno stared in shock. Unfortunately, when the team captain went for the ball, he spiked it into the net, earning another point for Seijoh.

As the game progressed, Dateko managed to keep the scores close together, the team trying desperately to at least tie the game.

  The score was currently 17-19, after the setter of Dateko jumped up, and set the ball lightly. The tall, white haired boy that Hinata had befriended, slammed the ball down.

  "Woah!" (Y/n), and Hinata exclaimed in unison. For some reason, the girl was extremely invested in this game.

  A few minutes later though, Seijoh was at match point. The player with a number three printed across his chest serving once again.

  The boy used a jump serve, which (Y/n) had noticed a few of the other Seijoh members doing as well. "Is it just me, or does it seem like they've upped their serving game?" Daichi said to Asahi.

  "Yup." Asahi replied. (Y/n) turned around in her seat. "I've noticed that too. Almost all of the teams third years, and even some of the second years are using a jump serve, similar to Oikawa's."

  The two third years looked at the girl in shock. "You've noticed all of that just by watching one set?" Daichi asked quite loudly.

  (Y/n) nodded. "I am this teams manager. It does you guys some good if I pay attention, and observe things like that." She said, before turning back around.

  She turned around just in time to see Dateko's captain spike the ball down, earning their team another point.

The three third years that were previously on the team cheered, one of them yelling something along the lines of, "Yeah do that again punks!"

(Y/n) laughed. "Hey Ryu, that guy is kind of like you!" She said to the boy who sat next to her.

  Tanaka looked at her disbelief, before slyly placing an arm around the girls shoulder. "Nah. I'm way cooler." He said, pulling (Y/n) closer to him.

  The couple continued to watch the game, Dateko's setter slammed the ball down on his own, gaining another point.

  The tension was growing as the two scores grew closer to each other. The score was currently 22-24, but as the three blockers jumped up, Iwaizumi, the ace for Seijoh, managed to spike the ball through the first year setters hands.

  Silence fell throughout the gym, only to be broken by the blade of a whistle, signalling the end of the match.

  "There we have it guys." Daichi said, "Our next opponent is Aoba Johsai."

———————————————————————————

    I don't know what to say, but there was a fuckin heat warning, and I'm sad for unrelated reasons.

  AW SHIT! It's goin dowwwn in this naruto episode my gawd