18 || The World Wasn't Happy

The next day's sky is more promising that noon, with skies of blue and clouds of gold.

But all is hazy in BoBoiBoy's memory.

Abah has him covered for the day, quite literally, wrapping him in gauze while he explains everything that happened the day before. "You were led into the basement, remember? After that incident in the ballroom and the broken chandelier, you were taken by The Jaguar to that room.

"Also, before you could ask, I do not know what he did to you there."

Except, BoBoiBoy actually remembers what happened. That was one of the few things he can recollect.

But not the whole day before. Most of them is a fog in the blackness of his mind.

Bit by bit, the visuals come to him in flashes. "The Jaguar had said that this place will now be under his control," Abah continues. "He will be on patrol today, and from now on."

BoBoiBoy winces when Abah puts in back on. The collar. Right where it should be.

He remembers his collar. And the way Yaya looked at it.

Yaya. Yaya's astonished face that day. The vision burns at the crust of his cranium.

The thought makes him sick, pushing off a waterfall of more questions and a domino trail of more saved memories. There's the moment when The Man had told him he was to kill them all if he ever laid an eye on them, then the moment when he reminded him of who he was, and the moment when he said he changed the room's lock.

"Wait," he mutters. "If...the mechanical door's lock was altered, then how-?"

"The door was not shut that much when we had found you," Abah interrupts. "Although now, I guess it is sealed hard. It was a good thing that compassionate woman came running through the halls, stammering that you were injured at the spot."

That compassionate woman. Yaya.

He didn't have to think of it. He just knew. She cared...that was his assumption. But stammering?

The word adds up to BoBoiBoy's ill thoughts.

Before BoBoiBoy could even speak, Abah races his thoughts, offering a few words. "Also, in case you will be asking, the woman is not in a suitable condition to speak with you at the moment. She did not seem fit for social engagement. Her face appeared...distorted, deformed, twisted." It sounds like a question. "Her whole countenance faltered as she seemed-"

"Fearful? Angry? Dismayed? Was she...unhappy?" BoBoiBoy rambles back, trying to guess Yaya's emotion at the time.

Abah scanned his face, an eyebrow twitching. "No. She had your sort of face right now, rather."

But BoBoiBoy doesn't know what sort of face he's making.

It's one of the emotions Yaya never taught him. Worry.

With him silent, Abah tells more. "I have never seen you with that look in your eyes, Master; you staring at the floor. Neither do I know why. But if there is one thing I am certain of, with The Jaguar in authority, this place will be dangerous."

BoBoiBoy heaves a breath.

At the sound of the creaking door, both of them turn to see Ocho right behind it. With this, Abah bows. A low bow. "I will be heading out for now...BoBoiBoy."

No more 'Master BoBoiBoy.'

The door closes behind him, leaving him and Ocho alone.

Everything's getting real now, huh.