33☁️

"yeah, the way hyuck looks at her- he's already whipped i can tell

"yeah, the way hyuck looks at her- he's already whipped i can tell." sora giggled as she sipped her hot chocolate. "well from the picture you showed me i'm not surprised. i would let her rail me." the older girl snorted as they walked down the sidewalk, the moonlight and lampposts being their only source of light.

"hengmei!" sora nudged the girl with her eyes wide. "what? i mean come on, she works at a tattoo shop, has multiple tattoos and piercings. likes he could legitimately insult me and i'd blush." hengmei laughed, making sora laugh as well.

they then were enveloped in silence, but it was comfortable- thank god.

"thank you for forgiving me." hengmei spoke up, kicking the pebbles in front of her as they walked. sora smiled, hooking her arm with hengmeis. "even though you led me on- which wasn't cool. i got over it. and i may have found someone?" sora said, almost questioning her last words.

her mind immediately traveled to jaemin and how he treated her with care and affection. she found herself caring more and more about him as the days went by.

that's good. hengmei thought, putting a wholesome smile on soras face. "so who's the lucky person?" the older wiggles her eyebrows, poking soras side.

but before sora could speak up they heard the sound of crying coming from a bench not so far away. sora narrowed her eyes, the platinum blonde hair being oh so familiar to her.

"one second." sora held out her hand, pulling out her phone. she dialed a number only for it almost immediately to go to voicemail. the girl gave a look of confusion, turning to hengmei.

"today was amazing and i'm glad we could clear things up mei. but um, that boy over there- you have a ride home right?" she was visibly worried as she could hear the thoughts of the boy, confirming her worries.

"yes i do. get home safely okay sky? we'll meet again." hengmei smiled, hugging sora. sora smiled, waving at the older before quickly walking over to the boy in the bench. "i guess that answers my question. keep her safe jaem." hengmei smiled, turning on her heal and walking off into the night.

☁️

"jaemin?" soras voice came out small as she glanced at the boy. he looked up with red eyes and puffy cheeks, his tearful eyes almost immediately falling onto the girls worried face. he didn't say anything, instead turning his head back to the front of him, an emotionless expression as tears continued to trickle down his rosy cheeks.

sora winced at his reaction, her heart clenching at the sight of the boy. she sat down next to him on the bench, giving a worried look.

"you're gonna catch a cold." her eyes widened, seeing her was wearing nothing but sweatpants and a thin white cotton t shirt. she quickly took off the orange hoodie she still had from that night she was found by apinya, and shoved it in his hands.

"hurry and put it on." she said, jaemins eyes now on the sweater in his arms. "why?" his voice was hoarse and scratchy due to crying.

sora furrowed her eyebrows. "because you'll get sick-" "why do you care for me after i was a self centered attention seeking dick?" the girl was taken aback by jaemins words. "jaemi-"

"i don't deserve to even be talking to you right now. you're such a kind and sweet person and i'm- broken. i was made from a broken mold, born to salvage for love that i don't deserve." his voice was harsh, it scared sora.

she could hear all the thoughts running in his head.
i don't deserve the love.
i'm useless.
how pathetic am i?

"jaemin." sora choked out, a frown etched on her lips. "jaem look at me." she said, bringing her hand out to catch his chin. "i stayed with you because i care for you. you are not pathetic nor useless." she stated sternly, looking into jaemins misty eyes.

liar. sora frowned again. "i'm not. tell me what happened baby." she placed her hands on his cheeks, eyebrows creased as jaemins face fell into her hands, and he let himself go.

he couldn't talk, but she could hear every thought.
jessie cheated and lied to me. she's a energy vampire, runs off of love and human skinship.

soras eyes went wide as she embraced jaemin. the boy continued to sob on her shoulder, causing her heart to hurt. no one should feel this way.

"you'll be okay. i'll be right here with you." sora said in a hushed tone, carding her hands through his blonde locks. there was a small drop of water on her hand, followed by a few more indicating it was now raining.

"hurry and put the jacket on. let's get you home." sora said, getting up quickly and pulling the jacket over jaemins head before taking his hand and beginning to walk him home.

and just that gesture alone made both their hearts warm.

get me a fucking sora please anyways i wrote this during my math class and i got lost in the class cause i wasn't paying attention lmao nothing new ✨🧚