Chapter 6 - King Kai's training

"King Kai! I am Alpha and he is Goku." Goku can only groan on the floor. "We came here in hopes of you training us?"

"Hmm. Well, you can survive in ten times gravity so you must be pretty strong. First off, GOKU! Get up!," King Kai demands. Goku jumps to his feet and stands up straight, before falling back down again.

"Aargh!" is all he can say.

"Looks like you need to get used to this gravity before you can start training. Alpha. Your first job is to catch my monkey Bubbles. He is used to this gravity and can run like he's weightless, while you will have a five ton weight tied to you. King Kai ties a huge cube of metal to me with a rope. The monkey Bubbles runs off, while I chase after it.

I notice, though, that when I put in any effort, I can run easily. I catch up to the monkey quickly and pick him up.

"Got you! That was easy. What's next King Kai?" But King Kai can only stare at me.

"W-what?! How can you move so easily while dragging the same as fifty tons?! Ok. You are way more powerful than I expected. I was going to put you through some more exercises before I teach you anything, but it seems like that will be unnecessary. Goku on the other hand..." Goku is still trying to get up, but he can only make noises and roll around.

Me and King Kai go to the back of his house. "Now, Alpha, here's what I want you to focus on for now. Feel your energy and draw it out. When you've done that, amplify it. Bring out more of your energy and control it. This uses up your ki and stamina faster and when the Kaioken wears off, the backlash can be severe. You have to make sure you don't go over the limit of your body, or it'll kill you," King Kai explains.

—————

Over the next few months I slowly make progress with learning the Kaioken. Goku is finally able to stand and spends all his time trying to catch Bubbles.

Hrah! Gah! Come on King Kai, I wouldn't be able to catch Bubbles normally! Is this this really necessary?" Goku complains.

"Yes. Once you've completed the task and untie yourself, even in this gravity you'll feel like you're floating. So no slacking off!" he answers.
"Alpha! Try again!"

I sigh. I've been trying to use the Kaioken for ages now, but I always lose control and pass out. I search inside myself for my energy and once I've got it, I draw it out, as quickly and powerfully as I can. I contain the energy before it leaves my body. "Kaioken!"

I feel my energy skyrocket and my body becomes more powerful. A red aura engulfs me.

"Good job Alpha! Now, I've sensed some very powerful beings coming towards Earth. They'll be there in nine months, so try to increase the multiplier for the Kaioken and I'll try to teach you my ultimate move."

I drop the energy and drop to my knees, exhausted. I can sense them too. But as long as I can master the Kaioken, they won't stand a chance against me.