Chap 2 - Mate, soon to be 'EX' Mate

<Aerowny's pic, 15 years old>

Aerowny's pov
________________

"mate" gasps echoed as soon as that word left his plump red lips.

I still can't believe it.  Luciano Wyatt Robinson, the play boy is my MATE?! My brother's bestfriend? The neighbouring pack ALPHA?!

Oh my dear lord! I'm going to be only 15 tomorrow. But look at my mate! He is 20! 5 years difference!

My mate, Luciano also known as Luke, looked at from my head to toe.

Others around us were waiting to see what's gonna happen. Wilson, Valerie's and Ervin had a confused look. They know my age. 

"my mate is a kid?!" he said in disbelief. "not to mention she can't shift."

I lowered my head embarrassed.

"she is the disgrace" i heard his Beta, Iris say. "i can't have a mate like you. I deserve better than you. The Moongoddess must sure does hate me, after all she mated me to a pathetic excuse of a human." he said scrunching his nose as he said 'human'.

"heck i don't even want a mate, why now?" he looked me in the eye.

By now, there is a huge crowd around us. They hollered, clapped, whistled. They pretty much enjoying this.

But that's not what hurt me most.

Every word he said, felt like arrows laced with silver to my chest. It hurt, it hurt so bad. "even if it wasn't me, whoever he is he wouldn't still reject you. After all who wants a pathetic, weak human mate?"

"i might be your mate, but I'm your soon to be 'EX' Mate, darling. So, say bye to the word 'mate'." he added smugly.

"I, Luciano Wyatt Robinson, Alpha of Red Wood Pack, reject you Aerowyn Aurélie Beau as my mate and my Luna." he said with a smirk.

I felt fire all over me. I closed my eyes as soon as the pain increased. I feel like dying. I fell to the ground clutching my chest. A strangled scream escaped my mouth.

"that's a good one, bro."i heard Wilson say. "yhh, Luke." that's Valerie's voice.

"you did better than i did this morning." Ervin said.

~~~

I opened my heavy i lids. I felt nothing. I felt empty. Numb.

I stood up from the ground. I walked into the school hall. Everyone was looking at me with smug smiles, teasing smirks, amused grins. Every once in a while, i will get a comment.

"hey, how does it feel to be rejected."

"no one loves you. Everyone hates you."

"your parents, siblings, mate."

"maybe, her wolf too."

"it's embarrassed of her."

"disgusted by her."

"that's probably the reason why her wolf refused to make an appearance."

"poor wolf, it doesn't deserve this pathetic mutt."

I felt humiliated. I held my head down and went to my locker. I took my bag and started walking out. I was looking down as i walked. My mind is elsewhere. I didn't see the figure in front of me, so i bumped into him.